X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baffle plates:

... retired/

Comment

Facepalm. I take it i sound like a idot. And i do no what they look like. I thought maybe it did the same job. As it does sit directly above it.

Thanks tink
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

it is more techncially called a "windage tray" (so you can blame Honda for the confusion)

google that for more info...
        ... retired/

Comment

Tink. You've had no issues/concerns about pop riveting it in? Personally would not trust rivets / would prefer welding in.
          Deano.

Comment

Originally posted by DLO01 View Post
            Personally would not trust rivets
            any particular reason?
            ... retired/

Comment

I think I asked you a question first from memory???

The method they are installed. They are compressed, the rivet material is bent, folded, the material is work hardened, becomes week at the point 'between' fixing one side to the other. Vibration, Temperature variations, different materials used (rivet, sump, baffle plate), different expansion rates of each item.

Rivet fails splits and drops. Some of the above will obviously affect a weld as well, but a weld may crack, but wont split in to small pieces.
              Deano.

Comment

I use rivets at work a far bit, and unless your using some special aircraft grade shizzle, there's no way in the world I'd be putting them in my sump over a half decent weld

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                using Tapatalk
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

yep, just boring old aluminium rivets, not sure where that engine is now, but doubt its been blown up?

but yeah, I'd definitely do it again...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Lol, seen plenty of those sheer off in boring old box gutters and roof flashings

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
                    using Tapatalk
                    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Rivets over time do loosen. Exspecaily with vibration present. At work i would always use nut bolt with washer and springs washers. When i was making Switch boards and working with machinery.
                      sigpic
                      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

are you still running this set up?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X