Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre/mag size, DC2r

hey all

I'm asking this question on behalf of my brother.

he has recently purchased what we like to call a "Baby R". An EG civic with full DC2r drivetrain, Engine, gearbox, brakes, full front suspension (it has coilovers) and a few other bits and bobs.

at the moment its running a set of 17' g-games, but he would like to track the car, so he is in the market for a 2nd set of smaller wheels (wish he'd swap with me )

So at the moment he has a few choices.

1) a friend that owns a DC2r has his old 15's still with tyres (unknown wear or brand). he can pick these up for $500 and then put some decent tread on them.

2) I plan to get some new rims..... so stock DC5r 16's, as the tyres sizes are WAY off, he'd have to get some new tyres anyway.

now he found out that the DC2r wheels are 15x6 and thinks this is to small, i was wanting to know what tyre size the dc2r guys are running, and if you think this mags/tyre combo is to small, and going up to a 16x7 combo would be better.

thanks for your help all.

Robi

P.S here are some pics of the car.... future plan is to make it look JDM y0!

and the part that matter most

honestly its so easy mate

1. GO to wreckers
    2. Find oem front bar, find oem rear bar, find SI lip
    3. Put on ITR 15s

DONE!!!

Comment

he'll be doing the kit and stuff shortly... at the moment he's looking at his rim options.

so i'm just after what rim option would be best.

Comment

hahahahah!!! "Baby R" sounds sooooo cute!!!

Comment

i run 15x6.5in at the track, it is perfect.
          ... retired/

Comment

thanks tinkerbell.... what size tyres would you be running with that?

are those the stock DC2r wheels?

Comment

no, i run Racing Hart CP-035's with 205/50ZR15 tyres...

i have 4x100PCD so i cant run ITR rims... the Harts are lighter anyways..

also - semislicks in 15 in will reduce tyre costs dramatically compared to 16in semislicks...
              ... retired/

Comment

Hahahaha...those were my wheels which i sold to the owner who did the B18 conversion...

They are replica G-Games.

Comment

wont a 215/45/16's have a shorter sidewall and give better feel especially on the track? i really question the choice of 15x6.5 tinks..

dc2 came in 16x7 in japan and why would you want to reduce the amount of rubber you have on the ground?

I am not overly experienced with this but i am asking these questions cos the OP might want to hear the answer (as well as me obviously)

Comment

do these look like they need a shorter sidewall?

no - the steel side plys and Rayon casign take care of any sidewall flex...

my 15in rim = 4kg

a 16x7 = 6kg+

an old racer saying goes:

"weight is the enemy, unsprung weight is the devil..."
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                      dc2 came in 16x7 in japan and why would you want to reduce the amount of rubber you have on the ground?
                      and i KNOW this is going to sound conter-intuitive, but bigger wheels can actually create LESS traction, though a SMALLER contact patch on the road...
                      ... retired/

Comment

thanks for that tinkerbell.

i'll get back to my brother and tell him to look into getting the DC2r wheels. i'm thinking that a DC2 and EG civic share simular chassie/suspension and stuff.... so running the same mag/tyre setup would be the best way to look into it.

Comment

well, the Civic has 4x100 PCD (pitch circle diameter) for the rims,

the ITR has 5x 114.5 PCD

so you cant put ITR rims on a civic without changing all of the hubs to 5 stud...

this is par for the course if you are putting ITR brakes on it though...
                          ... retired/

Comment

ITR brakes have already been done (5x114.3).... i guess the only other thing is the offset.

but due to having the body of a civic and suspension/brake set up of a teg, it would be hard to know what it is.... so unless a eg and a DC2r run the same offset from the factory, there should be any problems.

Comment

so what would you list the advantage of bigger rims/tires to be tink?

apart from being able to run bigger brakes.........

Comment

Working...
                              X