Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kpro tune booked but no Gruppe M in time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpro tune booked but no Gruppe M in time!

I'm getting a spoon header and decat put on my teg before I get my kpro tuned. BUT I was hoping to get a Gruppe M installed before the tune too. Due to delivery times it doesn't look like this is going to be possible now.

Am I going to see any gains after the tune if I put the gruppe in, or will be I looking at getting a re-tune?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are .... Is it worth saving the map that's created with the tune without the gruppe and then trying to get better gains myself after I install it.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are!

p.s if you have a gruppe for sale, let me know asap!!! (DC5)

ask your tuner... only they can answer this for you...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 27-02-12, 06:28 PM.
    ... retired/

Comment

wouldn't a simple postponing of the tune solve this problem? o_0
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

No, unfortunately not, because the gentleman is flying in from a different city!

Comment

which city are u in?

ask if some kind chap will lend u his gruppe for the tune

Comment

I'm in Melbourne. Was thinking about asking someone for a loan in exchange for some beer or something

Although gruppem m guy reckon he could have it for me just in the nick of time. So may be ok. I also have a 5ZIGEN CAI knocking around that I completely forgot about. I could also install that

Comment

might not need a Gruppe - any high flow intake will help...

5zigen? is it a CAI or short ram? only a proper CAI will help...
              ... retired/

Comment

Actually, just thinking about it ... how effective will ANY CAI be when the kpro is being tuned? It's on roller with a fan infront of it ... as opposed to being out on the road.

Comment

Its the intake lenght which gives the extra HP from midrange to top end. CAI yields better mid to top end power over the airbox style intake.

Having a fan directly pointed at the air filter won't affect power at all. Hope this helps.
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Built. Tuned. Driven
                  Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

When I did this test a few years back now on my car the result was this.

The did a few power runs with stock air box.

Then while still on the Dyno i changed it over to an Apexi short ram intake non-oiled type.

An extra 4-5kw@the wheels......

Comment

Working...
                    X