No announcement yet.

B series best head and block combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've driven a K24 setup, you'd understand why its worth the money, everyones forgotten the most important advantages in the gearing and VTC, a 140kw b-series wont be near a 140kw k-series, peak power isnt everything. Also b-series motors are like 12+ years old now!

Although a turbo b series will always be fun, and very fast if done right (example E240's Turbo DC2R 1:05's at WP) F/I ftw
    Last edited by DC245R; 05-02-12, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEE18C View Post
      Of all the hybrid ways you can make a b series work what is everyones thoughts on the best combo??B20R?
      What motor are you starting off with?

To build a B20 reliable it'll end up costing alot of pennies. Not to mention the power output will be similar to a K20 or k24 with bolt ons.

Your best choice with B series is start off with a B18c7 OR JDM B18c type R engine setup, start with the usual bolt-ons i.e Intake/headers/exhaust + ECU and tune. That will net some good gains, if your not happy forced induction.
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Built. Tuned. Driven
      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Following up what Cordz said about K24 VS B18c Turbo. Lets do some maths and see what it adds up too. Lets do a basic k24 VS b18c engine swap.

99/00' B18c7 or 98 specJDM B18c engine package 4-5k (depending on condition and mileage). These engine/gearbox not to mention the dizzy/alternator/power steering/ac pumps are 12+ years old. Parts will fail, gearbox will need a rebuild. B18C engines are quite good, depending on its servicing life it should last quite awhile.

To add Headers + Exhaust $2000 mark, Intake system (CAI) $400 odd, ECU + tune $1000. So tally it all up 7500-8500 mark, this setup will make 115-125kw atw. Factor in Hasport mounts another $400 odd so its getting right up there 9000 mark.

K24 swap as stated $9500.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=10950

K-series engine are newer, less chance of other accessories from failing. Not to mention the power output and the potential to make more power.

K-swap car can both retain A/C and P/S.
        Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

So if going down the k swap road into a 90s chassis what are the modifications needed for e.g fitting to eg/dc?
          Also where do you get a k24 from accord euro?
          Last edited by BEE18C; 05-02-12, 11:28 AM.
          Respect the boobaa

Do you have a track hack to sell me?

Comment

And if do a k swap on a road registered vehicle what is needed to carry on getting a RWC?
            Respect the boobaa

Comment

DC2 chassis have much better bonnet clearence for power steering. If power steering was taken out then EG/DC2 are the same.

Modifications? There's not cutting into the chassis bar removing the engine mount that sits on the driver side (gearbox for B series). Around 10 or so spot weld.
              Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Also whats the difference with a b18c 7 and a jdm 18cr ?
                Respect the boobaa

Comment

Originally posted by BEE18C View Post
                  Also whats the difference with a b18c 7 and a jdm 18cr ?
                  7kw but that also has to do with the zorst and the stock tune the japs use
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

And other than cutting im guessing there are conversion mounts available. What about axles etc?
                    Respect the boobaa

Comment

the mounts are from a crv i think the motor and gear box are both down
                      sigpic
                      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Yes in the 9500 package Hasport engine mounts are supplied to carry out conversion. Axles are also included in the 9500 price and are brand new.
                        Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                          K-swap car can both retain A/C and P/S.
                          My bad. OG post edited.

I also was taking the perspective of a privileged DC2R owner who already has a B18c7.

BYP has explained the "from scratch" perspective.
                          Last edited by cordz; 05-02-12, 02:25 PM.
                          Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

is a K24 legal in a DC2? or does it require an engineers certificate?
                            ... retired/

Comment

It will require an engineer's certificate to make it legal
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X