Baffled Sump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
    what is the theory behind oil surge? why does it happen? and what is it?

sorry OT.. or maybe not?

quoted from conton racing.com

"The second condition when your engine loses oil pressure is during an extreme condition when the oil pressure surges.

Such as everyday hard braking and turning on the street (and most certainly on the track), extreme vehicle angles such as off-road conditions or in marine applications when there happens to be rough conditions.

These are the same conditions that would spill your coffee out of your coffee cup.

During these times the oil in the pan moves away from the oil pick-up tube (the tube that the oil pump sucks the oil out of the oil pan through) and there is a sudden loss of oil pressure.

Again leaving your engine without that vital lubrication."
    JDMyard.com *brand new shop coming soon*

email us info@jdmyard.com , i do not check pm

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
      I got a feeling that having the facotry plate (under the girdle) and a welded in sump plate would be bad..

just my thoughts though as i could be completely wrong...

the facotry plate will make the oil come on the side and not in the centre.. and you weld in plate is blocked on the side...

Does anyone have mugen sump installation instructions.?

And could someone justify running both plates could be an advantage ?

and sorry for the k20 people.. i got no idea what you engine looks like ahah

*nb. i do believe the weld in sumps are better... but i dont think running both plates is a good idea...

this is a pic of the ITR sump and OEM ITR plate..

the plate on the right is Windage Tray (A windage tray is designed to keep oil from splashing up from the bottom of the pan and back onto the crank)
      Last edited by z10; 06-12-06, 08:40 PM.
      JDMyard.com *brand new shop coming soon*

email us info@jdmyard.com , i do not check pm

Comment

thanks z10.. makes sense..

Comment

Working...
        X