No announcement yet.

Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because you have a higher Mile per hour dont mean you ran a faster quater.. Like dc2r and a Xr6 run about same quater time But the dc2R is alot quicker off the line.. but lacks the torque to keep accelerating quickly enough at high speeds.. But the xr6 will have a higher speed!!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Keep this a Dyno Only thread please

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Just because you have a higher Mile per hour dont mean you ran a faster quater.. Like dc2r and a Xr6 run about same quater time But the dc2R is alot quicker off the line.. but lacks the torque to keep accelerating quickly enough at high speeds.. But the xr6 will have a higher speed!!
        What tinkerbell is trying to tell you is that MPH at the end of the quarter mile is much more indicative of horsepower than the ET. And in my experience the situation you describe usually occurs the other way, a large RWD sedan on good tyres will usually out 60 foot a relatively powerful front wheel drive car like a DC2R, and a DC2R will only make up the deficit in the later part of the track if at all.

I have been at the track more than once where I have been led off the line by older V8 commodores but at the end of the quarter I have a much higher MPH and ET has been roughly the same. My car has a much higher power to weight ratio but it doesn't show in the ET because of my crappy driving skill, but it can be seen in the MPH.

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
        I can clean up the thread for you once a misconception or two is cleared up.

Comment

Disagree with that.. the xr6 does 0-100 in like 7 to 7.5 but ruffs the quater 14.5 to 15

The dc2r is said to be from 6.2 to 7 and quater from like 14.8 to 15.5

Because the dc2 and dc5 are light the power to weight ratio is good.. but lacks torque..

Even when i drive. I feel the car lack when getting at higher speeds.. Off the line its great
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Disagree with that.. the xr6 does 0-100 in like 7 to 7.5 but ruffs the quater 14.5 to 15

Because the dc2 and dc5 are light the power to weight ratio is good.. but lacks torque..

Even when i drive. I feel the car lack when getting at higher speeds.. Off the line its great
            I have to agree with that i think!
            S2000
            WSID : TBA
            Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

Okay, but do you understand the point that myself and tinkerbell are trying to make, that MPH is a good indicator of horsepower but ET is not?

I mention this because you are still making no mention of MPH in your post, so your quoted numbers neither confirm nor deny the point that tinkerbell and I are trying to make. A car can 60 foot poorly but still make it to 100km/h decently. Also do you have a source for those numbers?

Comment

The dc2r i no's right.. the xr6 im 95% sure.. I read it some were in a car mag.. But havent looked on the net. Google it..
                sigpic

Comment

Disagree with that..
                  i doubt you even comprehend what you say you disagree with...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                    feel free to PM a Moderator...
                    ... retired/

Comment

I get what your saying.. I think the best way is a dyno.. quater mile has so many facter's that come into play!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well all own dc2 and dc5 so we no our weights.. Also just because u have a High top speed doesn't mean you run abetter time then some one who ran with a lower topspeed
                        I don't think you get it. et doesn't have anything to do with it.

say a dc5 with slicks runs a 13.0 but only manages a 100mph (assume his 60ft is very good)

then say another dc5 (same weight) on street tires only manages a 13.5 but has a 115 mph.

now even though the first dc5 has a better et, it also has a lower mph. it has LESS POWER.

lets assume both dc5's ran in same conditions/driver gearing ect.

i hope you understand a little better. (numbers wont be 100% accurate, just there to give you an idea.)
                        k20A DC2R

Comment

I get what your saying.. I think the best way is a dyno.. quater mile has so many facter's that come into play!!
                          if you have a car with good power (assume we all know the weight) you will always have a good mph regardless, which would indicate the power. Are you saying theres no variable with dyno's? weather, different dyno's reading differently, ramp rates, how the car was strapped ect...

i'd love to be corrected if any of my info is wrong as well btw guys lol.
                          k20A DC2R

Comment

Reviving this thread from the dead because I'm curious to know what a stock AUDM DC5R with stock ecu and no boltons puts down at the wheel. Does anyone have any results?

This says about 100.2 kw atw but its from 2004 and its got a slight airbox modification. Im curious to know about stock as rock!

eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                              Reviving this thread from the dead because I'm curious to know what a stock AUDM DC5R with stock ecu and no boltons puts down at the wheel. Does anyone have any results?

This says about 100.2 kw atw but its from 2004 and its got a slight airbox modification. Im curious to know about stock as rock!

Pretty low reading Dyno, a stock as a rock DC5R should be putting atleast 110+kw at the wheels atleast!
                              S2000
                              WSID : TBA
                              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                              Smooth As Detailing
                              Incar Racing

Comment

Had the EG tuned hours before Nationals. I cant upload the graph as i dont have internet atm (using my phone to do everything) but if anyone wants to see it shoot me your mobile number and I will mms it.

Engine: JDM K20A
                                Mods: SPMR K swap intake, PLM 4-2-1 K swap headers, 3in manifold back with rear muffler
                                Dyno used: Dyna pack hub dyno
                                Power/torque: 145kw/203nm
                                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Working...
                                X