No announcement yet.

Making more power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k20/k24 is the way to go to get cheap power gains.

Here a good comparison on dyno plot.

That very same motor ran 12.6@108MPH street tuned, fully weighted DC2 VTI-R shell.

BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Ok well I've established that the k24 is one option. My other optionis to get some quality camshafts, titanium retainers and dual valve springs, cam gears, etc. For about the same price as a k24 swap I can get myself a Jun cam kit...

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        How is a fuel setup which is able to deliver more volume going to help make more power? The stock coil packs are fine for 300+ WHP 2.4L+ monsters in the US, I doubt they are holding the engine back significantly either. A fresh set of plugs wouldn't hurt but which ones are better than the OEM specified Denso or NGK? Does anyone even make aftermarket coils that are plug and play with the DC5?

I too am curious about what intake, header and exhaust Nuci has?
        i guess ill start by saying i've never built a k series before, and the b series im building is for a completly different setup to what's been discussed in the thread so i may be abit naieve.

back to the original post, considering the mods already done + what sounds like plans to eventually open up the block to run (what im assuming to be higher comp pistons) plus cams etc... wouldn't it be something that would be worth while further down the track?

re the coilpacks, iirc when i last read the Rocket Industries catalogue, MSD had plug and play coilpacks for the K series. I can check when I get home though.

always keen to broaden my knowledge though so please pull me up if im wrong
        teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Nuci_DC5R View Post
          Ok well I've established that the k24 is one option. My other optionis to get some quality camshafts, titanium retainers and dual valve springs, cam gears, etc. For about the same price as a k24 swap I can get myself a Jun cam kit...
          As stated in ozhonda, doing cams in the k20 is pointless. I've seen average gains with cams from a K20. The cost vs gains is a waste of time and money

Put that towards a K24 build or Forced induction. You can have a K24/k20 frank for under 4k installed! Shoot me a PM if you want some finer details

But yeah, i've shown and backed up what have been said (dyno comparison)

Originally posted by Bodgy Racing Developments View Post
          re the coilpacks, iirc when i last read the Rocket Industries catalogue, MSD had plug and play coilpacks for the K series. I can check when I get home though.

always keen to broaden my knowledge though so please pull me up if im wrong
          Stock Coil packs are just fine! They can handle up too 800hp
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

ah dman thats pretty awesome, thanks
            teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

Working...
            X