Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making more power...

Hey all,

I'm in the process of sourcing an rbc and 70mm throttle body for my DC5R, and figured that since I'm planning on buying more parts in the future, I should fit them all at once to save on tuning costs. But the question is, what sort of parts should I be looking at next?

The car currently has I/H/E, Kpro and the rbc and 70mm t/b are on their way. I don't want to do internals yet (rather do that last) and I want to keep the car NA. So what sorts of things should I be looking at? Please give a reason why for each part.

Cheers, Nuci.

Do you have aftermarket engine mounts? It seems to be one of the must have mods for a DC5R and will be perfect with all those parts.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

hmm... what intake are you running? what cat are you using for the exhaust? make sure you have the right items before buying anything else.

Assuming everything so far is ideal, Id start looking at bigger fuel pump + injectors & fuel rail. Get better coilpacks and spark plugs and then get a new tune done with the bigger fuel setup.

That should get you to a stage where you now need to either open up the block or open up the head with some cams etc...
      teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

Engine mounts!-why? Stock mounts are weak,constant Vtec will make them crack!

Comment

+1 for engine mounts. I think my engine mounts were one of my best mods, it completely stopped the 2nd/3rd gear grind and the reduction in engine movement means that i can literally feel the car accelerate faster, as opposed to move around in the engine bay.

+1 for fuel pump, injectors and rail. If you had I/H/E, RBC, TB & fuel pump, injectors & rail, I'd be looking at a set of cams. What kind of cams is up to you. Personally I would go for a drop-in cam as they've got pretty good gains for pretty dang cheap.
          Drop in cams to consider:
          - Kelford 179A (theres a thread floating around somewhere about testing an RBC + Kelfrod drop in cams and results were 30ish+ extra KW)
          - Drag Cartel DIC Cams

Comment

K24... boom... lol

Good tune is high on the list. If you don't have a good tune, then all the parts you've bought aren't going to work together. Adrian is possibly coming back in February, so I would recommend you hold off till around end of January to fit the parts, and have him tune everything at once.

P.S. are you coming to the meet on Sunday (27th)?

Comment

maybe clutch/flywheel and maybe a 5.1 final drive, depending on how you use your car,
              i'd def go for some engine mounts,
              and maybe a short shifter and mtec tranny springs to tighten up your shifting
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

are the standard mounts really that shiet on the DC5R? does a engine damper help at all?
                teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Bodgy Racing Developments View Post
                  are the standard mounts really that shiet on the DC5R? does a engine damper help at all?
                  They do but not as good as Mounts,honestly get after market mounts! not only because the dc5 ones are shieeett but honda quote $200 PER MOUNT if one breaks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodgy Racing Developments View Post
                    hmm... what intake are you running? what cat are you using for the exhaust? make sure you have the right items before buying anything else.

Assuming everything so far is ideal, Id start looking at bigger fuel pump + injectors & fuel rail. Get better coilpacks and spark plugs and then get a new tune done with the bigger fuel setup.

That should get you to a stage where you now need to either open up the block or open up the head with some cams etc...
                    How is a fuel setup which is able to deliver more volume going to help make more power? The stock coil packs are fine for 300+ WHP 2.4L+ monsters in the US, I doubt they are holding the engine back significantly either. A fresh set of plugs wouldn't hurt but which ones are better than the OEM specified Denso or NGK? Does anyone even make aftermarket coils that are plug and play with the DC5?

I too am curious about what intake, header and exhaust Nuci has?

Comment

Ok sorry guys here is a list of parts so far:

Buddyclub race header (cat delete)
                      J's Racing 60rr catback
                      Mugen intake
                      Kpro (tuned to 135kw atw)
                      RBC (on its way)
                      70mm Skunk2 t/b (on its way)
                      Avid racing engine mounts

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        K24... boom... lol

Good tune is high on the list. If you don't have a good tune, then all the parts you've bought aren't going to work together. Adrian is possibly coming back in February, so I would recommend you hold off till around end of January to fit the parts, and have him tune everything at once.

P.S. are you coming to the meet on Sunday (27th)?
                        Funny you say that... Might be looking into a k20/k24 frankenstein as an alternative... I tried to PM you on ozhonda about that but your inbox was full lol. Im going to be in nsw this weekend really wish i coulda made it though

Comment

The stock rail, plugs, packs and fuel pump is more than plenty for the mods that you are planning so don't waste your money on upgrading them. The 70mm throttle body isn't going to do anything for you either.

Get your tranny sorted out and some harder mounts.

Comment

Ive already got stiff mounts. So stiff that the car vibrates on idle. Also got ORC clutch and 3.9kg fly.

Comment

Nuci,

PM me on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X