DC5S with a JDM K20A engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S with a JDM K20A engine

Hey guys, new to this forum. Did a search on a few forums but couldn't come up with much, so if anyone knows a good thread about it please point me in the right direction!

Anyway, just wondering if i was to purchase a dc5s, would it be worth swapping the jdm k20a into it? Main reason for this is that the dc5s has quite high KMs on it for my liking, and i could probably source a jdm k20a with <50 000 KMs for under 7 grand. Would it be a decent option? Or just wasting a whole lot of money and a good k20z1? Any other options you guys would consider?

cheers!

buy a newer car if all you are worried abt is high KM?

otherwise, i don't understand what your purpose/question is...

for example, you could easily blueprint the engine in any car you buy and take it back to 0km condition for well under $7000...
    ... retired/

Comment

what workshops would be well known for blueprinting honda engines?

Comment

Buy a K24...

More power, more torque, less money...??

If you are going to start worrying about high k's on the engine, what about the chassis?

Comment

what do u classify as high km's?? and if the dc5s has been regularly serviced and looked after your should plenty of km's out of it. Or as 45set said get a k24!
          FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

if the car is sound overall, just drive it. when something goes wrong, then fix it?
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by mrntegra View Post
              what do u classify as high km's?? and if the dc5s has been regularly serviced and looked after your should plenty of km's out of it. Or as 45set said get a k24!
              Second this. How many kms are we talking. A 150k motor serviced correctly should perform basically the same as a low km motor, there is no need to go swapping a motor.

Comment

give it a fresh'n up and chuck a bc stroker kit into it
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

but just how accurately can you judge whether or not someone has maintained the car really well? would a full logbook of regular oil changes and services be enough? a long with the overall feel of the car when being driven?

Comment

Yeah full log book servicing would b a great start! And my opinion is it doesn't have to b serviced at Honda either.. Just as long as a good mechanic has done the work!

My type s has 91k on it.. Service on time everytime(gear box fluid changed every 20k) and wheels aligned every 3-4months. It has never skipped a beat!
                    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by ryanskies View Post
                      but just how accurately can you judge whether or not someone has maintained the car really well?
                      in order of cost & ease:

1. compression test.

2. leak down test.

3. dyno power runs.

4. strong mountain run.

5. track day.
                      ... retired/

Comment

Number 4 is the best...

Just sayin'

Comment

well in regards to doing all of that before a purchase... wouldnt be that practical would it? considering the buyer may not be up to let someone do all that to his car lol..

Comment

1 & 2 can be done by your mechanic, at a cost. But while the car is there, they can check many other things also.

Taking the car for a test drive can also reveal any issues.

How many k's does the car actually have?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanskies View Post
                              well in regards to doing all of that before a purchase... wouldnt be that practical would it? considering the buyer may not be up to let someone do all that to his car lol..
                              well, ALL are more practical than rebuilding or swapping an engine just for the sake of it...

yeah?

and if a seller refuses either 1 or 2 or 3 - run away
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X