Any gains of tuning a stock car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
    if thats a dc2r it would have been in 3rd gear.

It's a stock car so no chance of FD or anything like that, if that would have an effect on the shape of the dyno curve?

Well all the dc2r we had on the dyno are done in 4th.
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

^Im saying because ill usually redline in 3rd gear at about 130, and in have stock gearbox. Not saying that it is SUPPOSED to be done in 3rd :P

Comment

the dyno calculates road speed - the speed you see on the dash is usually a bit higher than actual road speed - by upto 10%...

e.g. i see 215ish on the dash on the main straight at eastern creek, but my power FC only shows 195km/h as VMAX
        ... retired/

Comment

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=214

stock ecu vs hondata

Comment

Well I don't know how reliable that is to be honest.

I would go with hondata, but have heard a lot of bad stories about tuning with hondata in australia. I would gladly love a US tuner to do it though
            /Oo ___H___ oO\
            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

How is good is chaser motorworks tuner by the way. Anyone know? They charge real cheap for tuning the VAFC. Any comments please...i am going to tune my vafc soon. Its either chaser($150) or some other place($250).

Comment

no one knows?

Comment

dyno tune or street tune?

z10 says:
                  i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                  z10 says:
                  mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

$150 is OK price, and will probably do exactly the same thing as the place that dyno tunes for $250...

there is a bloke by the name of andy down there, PM to 'freakie' on here and ask him about it - andy is a gun tuner
                    ... retired/

Comment

yeah, met andy. he charged me $250. For measure, andy tunes race porcshes for the carrera cup....so he must be some kinda pro. As for chasers, i think they are more of street car tuners and they charge $150. I just went for a tune at chasers this morning. i will post up the graph later on when i get home. I got a gain of about 5kw. My car is totally stock so i guess its not bad.

Comment

Scott from chasers is a good buy.....but they mainly tune street cars...so if you are not doing something serious.....just go to chasers....if you doing something serious and some track work too.....go to andy......
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

yup...i agree with u. Both are good...just depends on what you want. Reccomend these guys to anyone that wants to tune a vafc.

Comment

Working...
                          X