New tyres soon, choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason stated:

"FEDEX provides shipping discounts on orders over 100 pounds in overall weight.

Order #: Q527128 (Dunlops 225/50) at $249 is 104 pounds.
    Order # Q527338 (Bridgestone) is 88 pounds. "

Why the hell would shipping be discounted for being heavier???
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

where are your stock rims?

just put 205 50 15 on them and start having fun

cost you less than $600 local
      Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
        where are your stock rims?

just put 205 50 15 on them and start having fun

cost you less than $600 local
        IN my garage, rather worn, and since i want a little form with function i dont think i would used them unless they were powdercoated matte black

Anybody who hasn't voted and has a opinion can you please vote in my poll as i will be placing a order this week, all feedbakc is appreciated!

Comment

Quick update:

So i have been wringing out Grant from tire-rack, as after hearing about the 100 pound weight discount threshold, i was set on achieving it. Long story short, it fell through, and the prices i originally listed stood.

While i was on tire-rack numerous times i came across this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=118

the tire rack review test rated the RE-11 as the best tyre, but that was based on its all round abilities on the road and in the wet.

But in the next half a year i will only be driving this car on the track and in the summer, meaning i am looking for a dry performer and track performance over such everyday issues.

I was still bent on getting the RE-11's

UNTILL

I called option1garage in queensland who quoted me $57 shipping of 4x Kuhm KU36's at $144 each.

This stretched the price gap between the RE-11 and KU36 by another 100 dollars (633 vs 1036) and consequently after seeing such track data, i could not justify the extra premium for tires that were only faster than its inferiorly priced comeptition in wet conditions. Furthermore, the savings means i could pay for motor oil, gearbox oil, brake fluid and a decent set of pads for the track day, increasing vehicle reliability and braking performance. Something the RE-11 won't be able to do.

but to drag this decision on new tires out even longer, i saw the federal 595 RS-R for very cheap. Although option1 did not have them in stock, i got quoted 210 from payless tires forestville and competitors willing to beat it.

I have read good things about the RS-R but nothing with solid standing. Anyone had experiences?

Comment

mate you spent too much time on reading those so called reviews and statistics

why not try hit the track first and see what you capable of

you might be able to hit 1:09 with a set of Nankang we never know

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
              mate you spent too much time on reading those so called reviews and statistics

why not try hit the track first and see what you capable of

you might be able to hit 1:09 with a set of Nankang we never know
              hahahaha

matter of fact ordered some 595RS-R's today.

what the hell, let see how she goes- 1:09?? - - more like lets try for sub 1:16 !!

will be writing a nice review on the fed's after the SOTS day

picking the set up next week from Payless forestville

Comment

as mentioned earlier 595-RSR are good stuff

threadwear rating 140 means they are softer than AD08/RE11 and comparable to Toyo R888

you might want to stiffer up the suspension a bit to get the most benefit of them

Comment

Got them mounted today. Federal 595 RS-R, 205/45/16. These babies look sticky the guys at the shop couldn't stop talking about them, 1:09's here i come

Rim protector

Comment

Price on the 205/45/16?
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

200 a pop fitted at payless tires forestville in sydney. I spoke to chris the whole time, he was great! except for when he chipped the powdercoating, but i guess my bad for not letting them know to be extra carfeful!

Btw 1:09 expectations was a joke, looking for a more appropriate sub 1:17 (rookie)

Comment

Anyone on here running a tyre size of 225/45/R16? I found a set of AD08s in this size and am currently running 215/45/16 wouldn't mind a tad wider.. Any input?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Mine was rubbing with the 215's so i wouldn't go that wide on a dc2R!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

will, calsonic R32 tracks his DC2R with 225 up front. I dont see a problem in fitment since 2 of the potenza G3's you had on my enkei's were 225. Stagger the bitches for more turn in response i guess. Your not getting much feedback here cause its a question for the wheel/tire fitment thread

Comment

Nelson does have wider aftermarket guards so the 225s can fit
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X