Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tyres soon, choices?

Okay,

so i am waiting on my 16x7's to be returned from the powder coater next week and in the meantime i am trying to decide what would be the best tyre to wrap the wheels in.

I would be searching the tyres thread, but whilst the Clubitr's ability to redirect linked threads is down, the index thread has become useless.

So Factors to consider when choosing tyres:

- I have no license until november, so the car will see no daily driving until then. But i want the tyre to be able to be dual purpose so i only have to think about one tyre purchase post november
    - I hope to make 2-3 wake field track days in this time frame, hopefully a SOTS say, Circuit Club day and maybe squeeze into the honda nationals
    - I have never ventured onto a track before and will be a novice for quite some time
    - Money is a considerable issue, but the more the tyres are a investment, the less of a issue money becomes
    - Looking for Tread: 205-225 Profile: 45 Rim: 16

Tyres (please comment on choices):

choice 1. Advan neova AD08

Reviews on the tyre seem quite consistently praiseful, mind you they have all been on the advan site. The product is described as being a tyre which multi-tasks heat regulation, being able to generate enough heat for finding grip during daily driving but also sustaining such heat for track use. Also has steel inserts in sidewalls for good turning response.

Prices quoted...

Bob jane has quoted me $300 a tyre

Car needs, tyre's and more Liechardt has quoted me $279 a tyre

Choice 2. Bridgestone Adredalin RE002

Don't know too much about this tyre except that it tickles my fancy because i have read that many have used the RE001 for track days and found quite substantial use and performance out of such, thus i cna only imagine its successor (RE002) will be better. It's also is significantly cheaper than the advan.

Prices advertised:

190 - 210

Concluding questions:

Does anyone have experience with either of these tires or better, both?

If so, does the advan justify the extra 100 per tyre?

Does anyone have any recommendations of other tyres?

Cheers in advance,

Louis
    YES, go for it, RE-11's are unreal compared to the KU36 in so many ways dude!
    73.33%
    NO, bro, the kuhmo's are 90% of the tire the RE-11's are and your just wasting money otherwise.
    26.67%
    Last edited by cordz; 24-07-11, 04:05 PM.
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

There's a group buy going on for the AD08's on JDMST. No idea on the price yet, but with the amount of interest coming in it could save you some dollars.
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

got a link bro?

Comment

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...AD08-group-buy
        Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

I would be comparing the AD08 to the RE11 and not the RE002. The RE11 is 177US from Tirerack + approx. 230US to ship for a set.

I'm currently waiting for the group buy price on the AD08 before I decide on which one to buy. For comparisions, my current set of RE001 doesn't compare to my old set of AD07, it's in a different league.
          CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
            I would be comparing the AD08 to the RE11 and not the RE002. The RE11 is 177US from Tirerack + approx. 230US to ship for a set.

I'm currently waiting for the group buy price on the AD08 before I decide on which one to buy. For comparisions, my current set of RE001 doesn't compare to my old set of AD07, it's in a different league.
            Agree with this guy, I have used the RE001 and AD07 and the AD07 is a completely different category of tyre. If you want more longevity then the RE002 is fine but don't expect it to be in the same league as the RE11, Z1 SS, AD08, RS3, R1R....

As Richy says take a look at Tirerack, the Dunlop Z1 and the Hankook RS3, both in 215/45R16 would be my picks if you want a ultra high performance street tyre on a budget, they should be less than $200 a tyre by the time you get them itted, but the AD08 and the RE11 should also be cheaper from Tirerack too.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys

And thanks for the link Berty.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Agree with this guy, I have used the RE001 and AD07 and the AD07 is a completely different category of tyre. If you want more longevity then the RE002 is fine but don't expect it to be in the same league as the RE11, Z1 SS, AD08, RS3, R1R....

As Richy says take a look at Tirerack, the Dunlop Z1 and the Hankook RS3, both in 215/45R16 would be my picks if you want a ultra high performance street tyre on a budget, they should be less than $200 a tyre by the time you get them itted, but the AD08 and the RE11 should also be cheaper from Tirerack too.
              So i take it there is a elite choice of tyre, above the ranks of RE002,

But in what respects are they in a different league? am i wrong in saying the RE11 tread looks like the RE002?

Richy and Charge, what are tirerack.com to deal with? have you shipped a set before?

Louis
              Last edited by cordz; 24-07-11, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post

+1 for RE11

Comment

Originally posted by Smoothaz View Post
                  +1 for RE11
                  where did you source your RE11 from?

Comment

have a look here champ: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...t=tyres+thread

its still there!
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
                      where did you source your RE11 from?
                      http://www.tirerack.com

I haven't ordered mine yet but i haven't heard anything bad about it. Will be my next tyre of choice. Heres a comparison http://www.tire-review-expert.com/br...a-re11-review/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        have a look here champ: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...t=tyres+thread

its still there!
                        champ?

haha yeh i was hoping it wasn't... the reading begins but i guess i got time to kill here at uni.

Originally posted by Smoothaz View Post
                        http://www.tirerack.com

I haven't ordered mine yet but i haven't heard anything bad about it. Will be my next tyre of choice. Heres a comparison http://www.tire-review-expert.com/br...a-re11-review/
                        Well going by RichyR's estimate, it will be a grand total of 938 shipped.

But im wondering if they will be subject to import fees or tax's?

more reading...

Comment

Normally under $1000 doesnt get any additional taxes mate.. Unless they have changed the rules!
                          FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by mrntegra View Post
                            Normally under $1000 doesnt get any additional taxes mate.. Unless they have changed the rules!
                            just up to page 29 of the tires thread, so i guess i read this comment twice! sorry for clogging the forum, hope tink forgives me

Well if the group buy on JDMST ends up being a flop, fingers crossed its not, ill be going to tirerack.com and we will find out if the rules on taxes have changed !! ( fingers crossed again)

Comment

here are the limits etc regarding importing goods from overseas:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X