New tyres soon, choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    well, this option is probably better than the Kuhmo and Hancook...

maybe the Hancook and Kuhmo will last longer, but the Z1's are pretty unreal in terms of dealing with hard operation...
    how do you reckon a 225 or 205/50 will fit on a 16x7 wheel on my DC2R though?

any fitment issues, car has bilstien dampers and some king springs (vomit)
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

what offset?

Kumho KU36 gets my vote they do OK job for both street and track most important they are a real bang for your buck.

I did a comparison video 2 yrs ago when they first came out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Zzrjd7_XI

Another choice is Federal 595RSR. Jacky Yick (2 times IPRA champion) told me he prefer 595RSR over AD08 in the 2010 Superlap.

once you gain some track experience then start investing in better compounds
      Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 26-07-11, 01:30 PM.
      Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
        what offset?

Kumho KU36 gets my vote they do OK job for both street and track most important they are a real bang for your buck.

I did a comparison video 2 yrs ago when they first came out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Zzrjd7_XI

Another choice is Federal 595RSR. Jacky Yick (2 times IPRA champion) told me he prefer 595RSR over AD08 in the 2010 Superlap.

once you gain some track experience then start investing in better compounds
        Im pretty sure the offset is +35, i couldn't tell you for sure because they're at the powder coaters but i'm sure its low...
        R32 your right, experience will be the most important investment. But i guess i want the en-richen the experience with the right set up. Nice video BTW and great driving, im going to study your lines for my SOTS day

Anyways, im getting closer to choosing Z1 star spec 205/50/16 based on peoples opinions. Tink, have you experienced them first hand rather than "been told" etc. ??

cheers

Comment

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but you have a DC2R correct? If so I would steer clear of 50 profile tyres in 16", there is a good chance you will have guard clearance issues. Sticking to 205/45R16 and 215/45R16 sizes would be my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but you have a DC2R correct? If so I would steer clear of 50 profile tyres in 16", there is a good chance you will have guard clearance issues. Sticking to 205/45R16 and 215/45R16 sizes would be my advice.
            Yep a DC2R, i was originally thinking 50 was too much. That is until I found a few DC2R examples who ride on 205/50:

http://www.ek9.org/forum/tyre-wheels...11-review.html

and

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/220105...-honda-integra

+ Was just researching through a archived Ozhonda thread (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive...p/t-33895.html) and came across someone saying...

"Given that stock DC2R tire size is 195/55/15, and all stock DC2R speedos read slightly higher (2-3&#37 than REAL speed... it would be better to run 205/50/16 tires"

i then check the miata tire size calculator (http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc) which confirms that 205/50/16 runs 2.7 too slow.

IM really starting to lose my mind with choice here, because the only tires in 45 profile in my shortlist are either a bottom performer of the lot (kuhmo 36) or the most expensive (RE-11). The Z1 is the best compromise between cost and performance but only has a size of 205/50.

Research has come across people saying:

1. it stuffs up speedo reading
            2. slows acceleration
            3. baffles handling

Whereas there is numerous examples of people running this tyre size (205/50) and the above stated comments refutes it having any effect on speedo readings.

Im really starting to do my head in
            Last edited by cordz; 26-07-11, 11:53 PM.

Comment

After your done doing your head in can you help me with my tire size stock AUDM DC2R, Stock rims
              Cause I don't know anything and since you're already doing your head in you'd probably already know.
              I think I'll be getting S001s

Thanks heaps Cordz

Comment

16x7 + 35 with 205 50 16 will rub the rear guard on the track for sure

the 2 links you quoted they were using JDM ITR rims
                Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 27-07-11, 03:16 AM.
                Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Just read that s001 starts at 17s how gay ><

Comment

Hey guys,
                    I'm not sure how much of a hi-jack this is, but since it's already a thread about wheels I thought it'd be better to continue here with wheel questions,

Looking to purchase wheels sized:
                    ContiSport Contact 3 225/45R17
                    Size & Offset: 17 x 7 +43

Then looking to replace tyres with Potenza S001.

I'd like to know how would this go fitting in a stock DC2R. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                      16x7 + 35 with 205 50 16 will rub the rear guard on the track for sure

the 2 links you quoted they were using JDM ITR rims
                      Great point.

I also think aesthetically 50 profile is just a little too chunkalicious.

SO:

its down to two cowboys,

the KUHMO KU-36 vs. BRIDGESTONE RE-11

103 per tyre vs. 177 per tyre

Are the bridge-stones worth the premium?
                      Last edited by cordz; 28-07-11, 09:30 AM.

Comment

hey guys got qouted these prices from grant at tirerack.com...

do these shipping prices sound right to you?

Order #: Q527129 x205/50-16 DU DRZ SPRT Z1 STAR $125.00

Total Order Value: 852.86

Order #: Q527128 x225/50-16 DU DRZ SPRT Z1 STAR $129.00

Total Order Value: 765.03

Order #: Q527336 x215/45R16 KU ECSTA XS; Vendor Item#: 2105703 $ 108.00

Total Order Value: 784.86

Order #: Q527338 x205 45R16 BRIDGESTONE RE11 $177

Total Order Value: 1036.88

Comment

I know when I ordered from tirerack for 4x z1 215/45/17 it was about 830 shipped.. Yours being a smaller size I would expect shipping to b cheaper than the $250 mine was mate
                          FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by mrntegra View Post
                            I know when I ordered from tirerack for 4x z1 215/45/17 it was about 830 shipped.. Yours being a smaller size I would expect shipping to b cheaper than the $250 mine was mate

Yeh, with these prices shipping is around 340 so i'm a little confused,

although he also stated in the email:

" Your additional quotes: All FEDEX 3-5 DAY SHIPPING "

Is this a standard criteria, or is it a premium posting service being the reason for such high prices?

Comment

Maybe they have up'd the price of shipping?? I ordered mine back in late dec arrived early Jan.. Mine took longer because of the holidays! But I am sure I had fedex 3-5 day shipping.
                              FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

yeah shipping has gone up for us.

they realised how much cheaper it was for AU customers, so they upped it to be close to a line ball decision on savings...
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X