No announcement yet.

Car alarm gone berserk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The oem alarm wouldn't have had a two point immobiliser. so the alarm was probably installed to comply with insurance.

The DC2 is relatively easy to steal....
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Yeh abit weird. Oh well, i'll just have to work with it

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        Problem - Two alarm systems working independently of each other. OEM Alarm was disabled when I got ownership of the vehicle and the aftermarket one took over. However with the recent change of new battery, the system somehow reset and OEM Alarm was working again. Now both alarms are working. I need to disarm the aftermarket one first then use the key and manually perform the "opening" door motion with it to disarm the OEM Alarm. Abit of a hassle, and abit confused as to why the previous owner had installed an aftermarket one when it worked just fine.
        OEM "alarm" isn't really an alarm. For example, if you kick the wheel, or break a window, it won't go off. Basically it's a flashing light, immobiliser and detects if a closed door has been opened.

An aftermarket alarm is going to go off if someone kicks the tyres, or smashes a window. It just takes it to that next level, and I had one installed before I drove down to Sydney a couple of years back.

I am in the same situation as you, where my OEM alarm goes off if I lock the car with the aftermarket alarm, then close the door. The solution to this is to have to OEM alarm button in the car. If the OEM alarm (Car horn) goes off, you need to press the "Unlock" button, and then it'll all turn off.

Comment

Working...
        X