No announcement yet.

Rigid Collars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be doing a wheel alignment also?

Looking forward to your review
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

every time is see this thread title - i think this:

nevermind - carry on...
      ... retired/

Comment

^ me too...

Thats why I have titanium collar stiffeners to deal with droopy collars
        MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

The youtube clip looks promising, but as Tom said, because its made out of aluiminium... What about the longevity/durability of this product?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

bumppp
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

some review here

I can do a group buy if interested..will find out how much they are.

Comment

Bought some Blox collar kits direct from Blox.

comes in 4 pairs for DC5,and 5 pairs for eg/dc2 and ek.

Looks like blatant copies of the Rigid collar brand.

Didnt come with instructions in the box, contacted Blox and they emailed us pdf's really quickly which was good.

They even re-used spoon's pic of the steering shaft in their instructions lol!

Will be installing into my fren's Dc5 in the next week or so will post some feedback here.
                Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Keen on coming out on a meet with you and your honda friend on the 28th July? Would be great to meet you guys.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=11837

Norm

Comment

I'm not sure if this applies, but I have lots of unwanted play in my gear stick (neutral and gears) its loud and clunky. Anything to help that?
                    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                      I'm not sure if this applies, but I have lots of unwanted play in my gear stick (neutral and gears) its loud and clunky. Anything to help that?
                      From what I've heard, shifter bushings seem to correct that unwanted play somewhat.

Just got my spoon rigid collars for the camry, will have them installed soon and will share my thoughts on them soon also..
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

I can tell you from experience. The rigid collars do make a difference. It wasn't just me, but my girlfriend told me the car felt more solid going through bumps. It was like the car moved in 1 motion rather than a 2 stage clunk clunk, if you know what I mean. The subframe has play, so i'm sure this has resolved the issue.

Norm
                        Last edited by Norm; 07-07-12, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I installed them myself on the car, not that hard. TBH, i didn't feel a difference and if i said i did, it would purely be placebo. Only real benefit to my mind is that it helps keep your alignment in check. If you've dropped your subframe before or you think its shifted for any reason (even by 1mm) it will affect your alignment, thats the only reason why i got them.
                          eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                            From what I've heard, shifter bushings seem to correct that unwanted play somewhat.

Just got my spoon rigid collars for the camry, will have them installed soon and will share my thoughts on them soon also..
                            Did they cost a lot for a Camry? ie not many places stock them at discounted prices right?

With our Hondas we are lucky to have a few online places that sell the Rigid ones and the cheap copies from Blox. I've even seen hk copies for DC5 for sale in hk 28 car/car 8 adverts for HK$600 or something shipped anywhere. They are common mods in some circles whose street races at night in their DC5 , Fd2 and CL7's. Met this guy running huge spring rates for the road in his DC5 who swears by them.

Would be interesting to hear if any difference can be felt in your Camry, presumably without hard suspension setup.
                            Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

keen to hear your review Lee
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Built. Tuned. Driven
                              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
                                Did they cost a lot for a Camry? ie not many places stock them at discounted prices right?

With our Hondas we are lucky to have a few online places that sell the Rigid ones and the cheap copies from Blox. I've even seen hk copies for DC5 for sale in hk 28 car/car 8 adverts for HK$600 or something shipped anywhere. They are common mods in some circles whose street races at night in their DC5 , Fd2 and CL7's. Met this guy running huge spring rates for the road in his DC5 who swears by them.

Would be interesting to hear if any difference can be felt in your Camry, presumably without hard suspension setup.
                                Hahaha sorry man

When I say camry I mean my dc5r lol, just an old inside joke between a couple of the clubITR guys. Atm my camry is on stock suspension, so i'm interested whether or not some differences will be felt.
                                Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X