X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R123 View Post
    thanks for the head up norm..

yeah i think the spring sounds abit more convincing for me

People on here talked me out of getting spoon springs for my standard shock absorbers. I would like to lower my car around 2 inches but don't want to spend the cash on coil overs as I enjoy the standard suspension.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

well you kinda stuff between two hard places then eh?...just choose a different spring then. I mean its common sense right? What other options do you have if you dont want to get coilovers?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
        People on here talked me out of getting spoon springs for my standard shock absorbers. I would like to lower my car around 2 inches but don't want to spend the cash on coil overs as I enjoy the standard suspension.
        ahah really? man just get the springs, save the money for something else, i was never expected to get springs only but i saw a dc5 on the uk forum and its sits really nice with some spoon progressive spring and plus from what i heard super street is very similar to stock ones anyway thats y i changed my mind..

then again, i think Tein SS is a lot cheaper than dc5 one so if that really makes u happier man, why hold back??

Comment

well i've done about 30k kms on my buddyclub n+ and i'd have to say i regret getting coilovers,
          i was mainly after about 40mm of low, probably more than what spoon springs would give me though,(skunk2 are a bit lower me thinks)

but they have just been a pain in the ass on the shit country roads i drive on 95% of the time, bumps keep vibrating the locking rings loose on one of the fronts and the other is locked up and i can't undo it and the loss of ride comfort is just not worth it on a daily out here,

that said if i lived in the city and or tracked my car or it wasn't a daily i'd probably go the coils and enjoy the flexability they give you to drop it some more, cause after a while, i'll bet me left nut you'll want to,

just my 2c
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

"Spoon Springs offer more precise spring rate than most brands can offer. They are designed for DC2 Type R, not "one size fit all" type of Spring".

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...=spoon+springs

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

thanks for the link DC2R, it was a useful read.

gona post pics once i get it done.

Comment

I have the JDM spec Tein SS and they do a good job in handling and lowering. You won't be able to go too low with them however. Ride quality is similar to stock although you will notice the difference. If you don't mind a stiff ride, perhaps look into m0nty's part out with Tanabe 7s? Or maybe 23NVI's Tein Flexs. I know the latter is going for a steal.

Comment

just get Eibach Pro-kit springs for little as $300 pay around the same for fitting and they are direct replacement of your stock spring but little firmer and lower about 1 inch and wont hurt your stock shocks or give you a harsh ride. For Street use only i would recommend this ^^

my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                  X