Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which coilovers to get?

hey guys

im not sure wot to get, my budget is ard 1200-1300 max.
    was looking at buddyclub N+ and BC BR series, buddyclub prob cost bit more,
    been hearing negative comments on the N+, any suggestions?

What do you want out of it man? 1200-1300 is looking at the cheaper end of the scale so everything you buy, people will have mixed reviews. the N+ is around that price i believe and so I would be looking at them.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
      What do you want out of it man? 1200-1300 is looking at the cheaper end of the scale so everything you buy, people will have mixed reviews. the N+ is around that price i believe and so I would be looking at them.
      js wanted to lower the car without changing the springs, for normal street driving.

Comment

If it's just for street driving

Tein Basic. Height adjustable only coilover, that has about the same firmness as stock shocks. Is about that price range also.

BC and Buddyclub seem to be "hit and miss" companies. You'll find some people swear by them, and say they have never had any problems with them. Then you'll find some people that only have problems with them.

Tein is not one of these companies.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          If it's just for street driving

Tein Basic. Height adjustable only coilover, that has about the same firmness as stock shocks. Is about that price range also.

BC and Buddyclub seem to be "hit and miss" companies. You'll find some people swear by them, and say they have never had any problems with them. Then you'll find some people that only have problems with them.

Tein is not one of these companies.
          with the tein basic's being single height adjust (compress the spring more to lower the car) does it result in really sub par ride once the car is lowered?

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
            with the tein basic's being single height adjust (compress the spring more to lower the car) does it result in really sub par ride once the car is lowered?
            get shorter springs?
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i have buddyclub N+, for street - running ona stiffer setup, their pretty good for what u pay! for the track though, a stiffer coilover is needed. My girlfriend's DC5 runs on tein basics, decent ride height drop, firmness isnt adjustible, but its a nice firm ride tbh.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

wht about the buddyclub racing spec, are they any good for lowerin car and for stiffness??

Comment

i been told their real stiff, i regret not getting them, as when i got mine from 999 auytomotive. i could get N+ or RSD for the same price. But back then, I was car noob, and when they said it was alot stiffer, i didnt want a too stiff car, as i had no intention of tracking it.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

I just got N+ installed recently... still in the adjusting stage but its value for money i reckon. Anyone else got these installed? need some help with adjusting them

Comment

Generally u want rear to be stiffer. I run 14 clicks at the rear and 12 or 13 at thw front. I left it at this, as for the street, i ran quite aggressice fitment, so i needed a firmer ride,, and then on the track, obviously stiffer the better. Now im running less aggressice fitment, i like the stiffness
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Generally u want rear to be stiffer. I run 14 clicks at the rear and 12 or 13 at thw front. I left it at this, as for the street, i ran quite aggressice fitment, so i needed a firmer ride,, and then on the track, obviously stiffer the better. Now im running less aggressice fitment, i like the stiffness
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

hey guys, really want some advices here...on Springs or SuperStreet,

like the guy said earlier i just want mainly lowering the car height, my car hasnt got a lot of kms on it, i am looking at the $500 spoon progressive springs over the the $2300 Tein super street.

Is that a good decision? Like i heard SuperStreet gives u a very similar driving feel compares to the oem one. Right?

thanks heaps

Comment

u know that s.s is quite soft. But if its the lowered look you want go for the spoon progressive springs. If not buy my tein HA's for $350 haha. Just need to service the rear right coilover, the front two literally have been rebuilt with 100km's on it.

Comment

thanks for the head up norm..

yeah i think the spring sounds abit more convincing for me

Comment

Working...
                              X