Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put it this way interms of modification costs

CB > FC > K > B

FUCKING EXPENSIVE .................................................

Headers exhuast cost usually from jdm land 3k-10k. The mugen intake alone is 10k, yes you can say that you dont need mugen intake, but you can use this to gauge the price differences between nsx parts and dc2r parts.

Comment

10k for the intake?! !!! :O
      www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox View Post
        10k for the intake?! !!! :O
        Yes, admittedly the first time I ever saw a quote I thought it must be a typo.
        j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
        Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
        faijai: rg + awp = gg
        hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
        rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

to be fair what it does include is a whole rear window hatch as it runs that snorkle .... it also has a section to seperate the engine and the top of the window using the whole window chamber as a massive airbox

Comment

yeah ive seen it on the old mugen website years ago. mega cool. but 10k!?
            apparently the stock nsx headers and exhaust are quite restrictive and a good mugen/fujitsubo/etc etc system can give u around 15-20kW more! but still u pay mega bucks for it..
            lets put it this way: the $10k mugen intake will probably give a NSX the same increase in power as a $250 hks intake would give a GTR..
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
              lets put it this way: the $10k mugen intake will probably give a NSX the same increase in power as a $250 hks intake would give a GTR..
              LOL. I dont think straight line performance (IE. raw power) has ever been hondas strong point. Its more about a perfect mix of every thing.

I think Steve (rG') would be able to import a NSX below $50k
              F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

really?
                mm..as a private import? road registerable?
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

we all know that straight line umph is what honda is not about.. but when you buy a car like an NSX that looks like it flies (Even in a straight line) you'd like it to really GO in a straight line.

umm. yeah.. what szymonsta said!

Comment

GTR HKS intake: $250
                    Mugen NSX intake: $10,000
                    Feeling you get when driving an NSX with a roof snorkel
                    intake that makes you feel like you're in a JGTC car: $priceless

Personally if I'd already forked out for an NSX, I would add the intake

... either that, or a supercharger

- Andrew

Comment

very Interesting topic brought up by Justinfox, so we can hear what each other thinks.

I think as what other have said, right now we properly in the probation time of breeding of great classic sports car. Personally i think not only HOnda, but other makers are also shiftting their fund mainly into small&compact cars. No 1 and oNly important reason is, thats wot ppl are buying at the moment!!!

however on the other hand, according to the anouncements they made, GTR is on the way, new SUPRA like car is following, also new RX7 like are also been heard. So dont worri JustinFox, we shall still witness another peak of perforamnce car (from Jap makers).

Also one point i like to make without been particular on anyone so hope they dont think i am been personal or anything is that. We shouldnt always buy cars with the head, we gotta uses the heart sometimes. We shouldnt say, AUSSIE type R is a rip off, we should buy more new sports car rather than waited n waited until it gets terminated. I mean those one who said, yeh i want real perfomance car and i only wana pay up2 $25K cos they are only japanese car.

I dont know wots the actual real RIHGT price for S2000 but i think a company like honda should have acquired someone on what price they should sell the car for. 70K is bloody expensive for a car to get u from A to B but if you wana appearciate the technology n effort that made from the makers then u can make justification on that. However you got some one always come out and say, well for fucks sake i dont know how2 appearciate no shit technology n effort i jz know the car is moving k!! well yeh they have their reason, so is their choices to buy it or not.

I dont know everybits abt many many cars like a numbers of members do here, but i have learn a lot from their opinions and knowledges. Forunately most and nearly all of us here are willing to pay for what the makers are asking for their piece of technology on PERFORMANCE car!!! Unlike ppl in ozhonda.. hahahaha why always ozhonda... ?? nah only jk heheeh ozhonda is cool.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Andys View Post
                        Personally if I'd already forked out for an NSX, I would add the intake
                        after forking out 50k for a NSX 10k extra for a new intake is HUGE.. that's 20% of the cars price..

imagine paying 5k for a dc2r's intake? insane!

Comment

Working...
                        X