DC5R JDM Headlight Convertion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Didz View Post
    it will be difficult as the JDM oem and the AUDM oem are completely different. I should have been clearer. Unless you have the JDM OEM connectors it's best to use clips.
    how do you have it set up?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM-05R View Post
      how do you have it set up?
      I bought clips from jaycar and soldered the clips to the stock wires. Then connected the clips to the JDM clips. buy some fuses as u might blow a fuse or two when getting the right polarity.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I bought clips from jaycar and soldered the clips to the stock wires. Then connected the clips to the JDM clips. buy some fuses as u might blow a fuse or two when getting the right polarity.
        sounds good 4 now. ill have a more detailed look into the headlight to get a better understanding of whats going on. also is it d2r for the bulbs? or h1?

Comment

sounds good 4 now. ill have a more detailed look into the headlight to get a better understanding of whats going on. also is it d2r for the bulbs? or h1?
          Ahh no idea man. The bulbs are locked away and u need some funky screw driver to open the hatch for them.

Comment

Ahh no idea man. The bulbs are locked away and u need some funky screw driver to open the hatch for them.
            my bro has that tool. its a hex allen key

Comment

btw you mean like this?

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                lol Rudi so baller!
                Originally posted by bungsai View Post
                damnnnn balllaaaaa
                LOL. Insurance paid for them

btw you mean like this?
                If you look closely, all the cables are hooked to sockets. Those cables can be taken out of the socket. The sockets have the clips that you can undo and let you take the cables out nicely instead of cutting them off.

Once you do that, get male and female connectors. 2 pins and 3 pins male + female connectors and do them neatly. Solder is the easiest way to do them, but if you want to do them neatly, spend extra half an hour or so and get them done properly.

Good luck

Also, the JDM bulbs are usually D2S/R. Check the shape of ur bulbs and you can find out . If you haven't already have the bulbs, then check the base where u hook your bulbs.
                - Project R -

Comment

i shall have a look into it tonight and post up more help LOL

thanks

Comment

so i had a look. when you mean sockets you mean the pic below? kinda confused on what to do lol. heres a pic i took.

Diz. did you find the connector at jaycar to fit straight in to the ballast plug? (the black plug in the pic)

Last edited by JDM-05R; 04-05-10, 09:59 PM.

Comment

where do the wires connect? or what do i do in the above pic?

Comment

so i had a look. when you mean sockets you mean the pic below? kinda confused on what to do lol. heres a pic i took.

Diz. did you find the connector at jaycar to fit straight in to the ballast plug? (the black plug in the pic)

No i found other clips which fit the small spade connectors in it.

Comment

you mean in the black plug correct? . did you have to earth them ?
                          Last edited by JDM-05R; 05-05-10, 09:55 PM.

Comment

yes the black plug. The wires connected up as if they would as standard. Not sure what you mean by earth. I didnt take the ballast off and i dont recommend doing so. The screw into the bottom of the headlight which is a perfect position.
                            Basically i cut the oem adapter which connects into the oem AUDM headlights and soldered clips onto them to make the able to connect to the JDM setup. It should be as easy as positive with positive and negative with negative.

Comment

are they the ones that crimp? im interested in this as i might be looking at a pair soon

Comment

agree!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X