Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R JDM Headlight Convertion

Hey guys i got a pair of JDM DC5R headlights with the HID ballasts built in

im goin to install them over the weekend and just want a heads up of what to expect. any change in harness?

i can see on the hid ballast that a plug goes in but on the audm harness i did not see that plug

help will be highly appreciated

Nice pickup, might I ask where you got them from? Keen in finding myself a set, although for facelift.

I believe Didz has a set and installed it himself. Hopefully my memory serves me right. Try pm-ing him?
    DC5S

Comment

i heard there pricey

Comment

maybe yahoo japan auctiosn Vuong
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

i go them off eBay from a seller in Japan

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            maybe yahoo japan auctiosn Vuong
            yeh that seems to be just about the only place to get it. had a quick search but couldn't find any facelift ones in any case. I expect they'd be pretty expensive.
            DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
              yeh that seems to be just about the only place to get it. had a quick search but couldn't find any facelift ones in any case. I expect they'd be pretty expensive.
              Just put HID into your existing headlights, and adjust it to point down.. no drama's
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Nice pickup, might I ask where you got them from? Keen in finding myself a set, although for facelift.
                It is hard to get the facelifted 2nd hand ones even from Japan. I waited for a long time and couldnt get it.

So I gave up on waiting and bought brand new facelift JDM headlights instead
                - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                  It is hard to get the facelifted 2nd hand ones even from Japan. I waited for a long time and couldnt get it.

maybe you have the answer i seek lol
                  was it plug and play?
                  or did you have to mod anything?

Comment

lol Rudi so baller!

Comment

I believe Didz has a set and installed it himself. Hopefully my memory serves me right. Try pm-ing him?
                      Yeah i have them installed. VERY easy. The harness connections are different. You can either get new connections and solder them up or get clips which suit the OEM ones. The clips are definitely easier.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...?t=6306&page=7
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

damnnnn balllaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          Yeah i have them installed. VERY easy. The harness connections are different. You can either get new connections and solder them up or get clips which suit the OEM ones. The clips are definitely easier.

look mint

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post

if i get connectors OEM style and plug them into the ballast. where will the wires hook up to?

thanks for the help btw

Comment

Originally posted by JDM-05R View Post
                              if i get connectors OEM style and plug them into the ballast. where will the wires hook up to?

thanks for the help btw
                              it will be difficult as the JDM oem and the AUDM oem are completely different. I should have been clearer. Unless you have the JDM OEM connectors it's best to use clips.
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X