GOOD pannel beater in syd???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In short it’s just affects appearances.

Basically they spray on a base coat, then a clear coat over the base coat which gives it the gloss. Now on very very good paint they wet sand it so the paint is perfectly flat, what you see in oem paint is a bit of a ripple effect (orange peel). It just means the paint hasn’t been finished as well as it could have been.

Obviously it’s very expensive to get paint perfect which is why most car manufactures lack in this department. Even Ferrari and Lamborghini do crap paint. You would be pretty shocked to see how badly some Ferrari’s are painted, the new California spyders are some of the worst.

Most detailers charge a few grand to wet sand and flatten paint, but if ur a fanatic then that’s what it takes.

Summary. Orange peel just a visual thing. honda oem paint soft and crappy.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

ok thanks... in that case... the place i got my car done is sloppy coz i have the orange peel look on some parts... but the place i got it done before that was nice, smooth, and flat looking... no orange peel.

if u wanna know who the good place was that did that nice paintjob, it was parramatta smash repairs. they've done my car twice in the past and the paint turned out perfect, no orange peel...

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
        Glad to hear ur car's ok.. to many R's get pinched these days..
        Rings smash repairs in punchbowl.. dont let the are fool you, has no relevance to there work and cars are kept under lock and key in the factory unit.. im taking mine there tomorrow, hes been fixing my familys taxi's and trucks for the past 10 + years, lol not to say he only does quick fixes, Mercedes, Toyotas, Bmw's ect.. hes got a few mustangs there he refirbushed from the ground up..

last week they finished an ELANOR replica.. was in the shop for over 4 years.. ground up rebuild/RHD conversion with the addition of big Harrop Brakes, custom Led lights all over, soda blasting, polishing and painting of a set of custom 3 piece wheels..

the detail they go into is amazing.. theres still another 2 mustangs there from memory atm as well as 2 old Vdub pannel vans which have had tail gates and doors completely shaven and customised, again ground up rebuild whith all rust cut from cars and custom fabrication work done threwout..
        All the boys there are car enthusiest.. ull even see the apprentices 4age+ITB rolla there..

if ur interested ask for eitha Brad or David
        if u cant get threw in that let me know and ill call him myself and then give u dave's mobile

Land line number :97592059
        somehow i knew youd be the first to post on this thread haha

Comment

Custom Body Works did Jing's DC5R Body kit
          JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
          25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
          Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
            somehow i knew youd be the first to post on this thread haha
            why is that DC2RKID??

Comment

and to add anyone had any experience with Concord Customs??
              im frm around that area inner west i heard they r pretty good.

Comment

Hi there ppls,

I ve got 2 little spots here needed to fix, how much you guys will cost me from one of these workshop?

a rough estimation will be appreciated

cheers

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

7 billion
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

that looks like it could be buffed out by a detailer

Comment

mirror looks like its gone to primer or plastic.. and same with front bar, guard looks buff able, go get urself a clay bar kit and give them a good rub, if they dont come out or clean up u need them resprayed, front bar sprayed.. guard sprayed + mirror? id say 200 if u know sumbody otherwise around 350

Comment

Originally posted by markR View Post
                        i'd recommend either:

custom bodyworks in padstow
                        danny - 9773 7595

i wouldnt go anywhere else, both these body shops work are second to none..
                        danny just painted my spoon mirrors, very happy with the result and price.
                        I got to agree Danny does good work, he painted my mates 200sx and it came looking better than OEM....

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X