harsh lesson learned - check you nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harsh lesson learned - check you nuts

So it started out as a very bleary eyed hungover saturday morning... waking up at my mates place after a pretty heavy night on the turps.... we were hungry, thirsty and out of smokes so i jumped in my car for a trip down to the supermarket as my car was blocking his in the driveway.

Being hungover and my car still cold i decided to take it slow and easy... out of the driveway i went and rounding a curve in my mates street all i hear is a groan from the rear end, a horrible scraping sound and then i started to slide... then a bounce... followed by more grinding and more bouncing until i could stop safely ... got out of the car and this is what i found

i couldnt believe it... i was on the side of the road cursing... ringing my mate, he couldnt believe what had happened, so he ran out with a jack and we proceeded to inspect how we could get my car back to his place, 3 of the 5 wheel studs were fine, bar some metal shavings from the inside of my rim, 1 was loose and one was stripped and bent up pretty bad.. i looked around for the nuts, but couldnt find any ( I had only driven 200 - 300m by now. I knew i had some spares in the boot. So we forced the rim back on, held it with 3 nuts and pushed it back home... cursing the whole way and wondering what the fuck had just happened.

Our answer came when we got back and assessed the damage of what we needed. It wasnt until we realised that one of my mates wheels only had 1 nut left ( it was the lock nut and it was pretty hammered) that we had both been the victim of attempted wheel theft. We were ready to start beating up on the neighbours, but couldnt really be sure which one it was.
    So i gave my mate some nuts of my car and we both set out to various car part retailers to buy wheel studs and nuts for me, and new nuts for my mate...
    5 tiring hours later we were done, still cursing the little fucking theif who had attempted to steal wheels and leaving the cars in such a dangerous state... however we are still not done.. I need to get Honda wheel studs... strangely enough commodore wheel nuts fit pretty spot on, however im not taking any chances. So that is this weekends job....
    skinned knuckle racing

man thats terrible... the stupid thieves should get what they deserve

glad you're alright though and no major damage was done, especially on the rim!

do you mind telling us what area this happened at?

Comment

melbournes western burbs ( lol where else) deer park/ caroline springs area
      skinned knuckle racing

Comment

damn! that sucks!

sorry to hear!

i guess you're quite lucky that the rear bar or quarter panel was not damaged/bent.... or was it?

Comment

rear bar, where the top screw is, was out a little

rear quater was fine, inner lip was bent out a little, but fixed yesterday with a trip to my mechanic who used to be a panel beater

There is no damage though what so ever.. i got out of this pretty lightly!

still cant fucking believe it, Im not so concerned about the attempted stealing of the rim, but more that if it hadnt have come off where it did, say i was going back home on the western highway doing 80kms an hour and my wheel came off then.. how much damage would have been done?? Would I have killed myself and someone else?
          skinned knuckle racing

Comment

That's fucked dude!

Perhaps try some McGard spline nuts?
            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

jebus!

that is farkedass!
              ... retired/

Comment

thats shit man. Karma will catch these fucks sooner or later
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

God dam..... wtb lock nuts by the 20...

Comment

after seeing that, it wouldve been better if they took the wheel. at least it wouldnt have put you in such a dangerous situation.
                    "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

Ill be investing in a shot gun =) lol

No seriously, Yes the lock nuts saved me my wheels, but it didnt save me a change of underpants. And it could have cost me a lot more!

Will be looking for a better option of nuts so that this will never happen again!
                      skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Damnz dude, that's farked. Glad you are fine and it didnt happen later as you said.
                        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

thats fkn scary man, glad you're ok.

Comment

thanks guys

i must say though that it looks tough with all that negative camber lol
                            skinned knuckle racing

Comment

damn.. the car is parked in the driveway of your mate's house yea??
                              dodgy places.. i will always prefer my car to be parked in the garage hahaha
                              - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                              X