No announcement yet.

hey guys have u read this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never gonna happen. Despite what you guys may think, a hardcore Type R will never produce the volume and profit required to cover costs. ADR is a bitch and the amount of money Honda would need to spend would result in a $55k plus watered down version which would sell 200-300 units. Not smart business at all. The reason why we get the FN2 here is because the hot hatch market is very lucrative. The Civic's biggest competitors are the Impreza, GTI, Focus and Megane. All are hatches and all are sub $50k on the road.

Comment

i doubt honda is finding the sale of the FN2 'lucrative', they can't give them away. And whats one thing those cars you mention have in common monty? they all have 4 doors and they have base and boy racer spec versions. A hero car should not be all about make money directly, it should be about filtered down sales, people going "fck that civic looks hot, well i can't afford a type r so i'll buy a base model instead" The FD2R would be perfect for aus honda, they just need to pull there head out of there arse because in years to come young aussie kids won't even associate the too words 'honda' and 'hot'
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Isn't Honda moving away from 'Hot' anyways? The last sports car they made was the s2k back in 1999! since then they havent released anything new!

If you look at all there completely new cars/prototypes since then they have been family cars or hybrids.

and then they stopped making the NSX in 05, the Integra in 07 and now the s2k in 09....

Comment

thats another point to consider^....theyve been targeting the more 'mature' market
          Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
          EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
          Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

i read up that every honda dealer that sold Rs never really made any profit from selling them

Comment

coz u would think which ever R that was sold here new, considering how many on the rroads, sum1 had to pay the price for a new 1?? interesting....surprised there not brankrupt....
              EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)

Comment

Originally posted by ek9rx View Post
                coz u would think which ever R that was sold here new, considering how many on the rroads, sum1 had to pay the price for a new 1?? interesting....surprised there not brankrupt....
                yeah ey...at least there holding there value well! ey has anyone heard the rumour that kia is taken over honda!!

Comment

lol kia..noway....korean built hondas? hmmmm gota see it b4 i believe it...that such ashame if its true...
                  Last edited by ek9rx; 28-08-09, 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Of course they made money from them. Selling one at list price created profit. It's not as though they have to outlay anything just for the FN2. Also there's no chance of Kia buying Honda. For starters they can't afford to buy out a much larger entity. Secondly the Japanese Government protects their local businesses very well. At the first sign of a buyout they lend economic strength to keep the company Japanese. It's an admirable trait for a Government.

Comment

bastards are taken over everyone man..so im starting to believe the rumours hondas rep will be blown out the door if its true!!

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                        Of course they made money from them. Selling one at list price created profit. It's not as though they have to outlay anything just for the FN2. Also there's no chance of Kia buying Honda. For starters they can't afford to buy out a much larger entity. Secondly the Japanese Government protects their local businesses very well. At the first sign of a buyout they lend economic strength to keep the company Japanese. It's an admirable trait for a Government.
                        hope what u say is true !

Comment

yeh japs r very protective, doubt they will let it happen...

Comment

I'd buy an Evo over a 50K Honda... I was amazed when I saw just how much a new S2K costs.

Comment

yet people still bought the S2k...
                              but i see your point, i'd buy a EVO over a $50k Honda.

Comment

both them cars are in a diff class...every man to themself..some ppl would rather buy a ss commodore lol

Comment

Working...
                                X