X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fd2r brembo into ek9

hey all
    any thoughts on this mod?
    Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
    EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
    Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

FD2R brembo need at least 17inch to clear

Comment

Might have been done somewhere in the world, who knows. Considering the amount of effort and custom work involved it would possibly be better to just custom fit a superior aftermarket caliper and rotor setup. Using the FD2R Brembo caliper might give you slightly broader pad choices though.

Originally posted by Type R View Post
      FD2R brembo need at least 17inch to clear
      When fitted to the large rotors on an FD2. They might fit with a smaller wheel if fitted with smaller rotors on an EK.

Comment

i was told i can use fd2r calipers with s2000 rotors, fd2r n dc5r calipers the same? i was told they were...i was assuming i would just need longer studs, a custom bracket n maybe a 7.5mm spacer...any thoughts on that?
        EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)

Comment

I tried DC5R brembo on EK1 knuckle before. the front caliper would fit perfectly but definitely need s2000 rotor as EK rotor had 7.5mm gap to the center of the caliper. You don't had to modify anything else.

so, in stead of custom bracket, I would suggest using s2000 rotor for proper application.

Not sure about the rear as i haven't tried them.

Comment

ahh cheers...i guess thats were d 7.5mm spacer would come in...atleast it is doable..lol i wasnt being lied to jst to get a sale...

Comment

Wouldnt it be easier to just buy aftermarket brake?
              hi

Comment

best to get a s2000 rotor and wheels with size/offset to clear the calipers

Comment

bump,

i've tried this on my ek9 5 stud and the s2000 rotor won't sit flush on the hub.

anyone know anything i can do?

is it possible to machine off a bit of the back of the rotor to make it sit flush?

Comment

what u mean by not flush? how much play is there? or do you mean when mounted theres a gap?

Comment

Originally posted by vampzzz View Post
                      bump,

i've tried this on my ek9 5 stud and the s2000 rotor won't sit flush on the hub.

anyone know anything i can do?

is it possible to machine off a bit of the back of the rotor to make it sit flush?
                      i think u need CL1 (eur R) rotor

Comment

Working...
                      X