• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, cant get them for under 2K

shipping is over $220 which kills it...
    ... retired/

Comment

haha. thanks for trying anyway

i've decided to go back to OEM hardware for now. probably my cheapest option.

Comment

How much do the Tein basics go for anyway? Can you get them for $1k. If not, what would you guys suggest for a budget of $1k?

Comment

they go for just over 1k not including installation. and as for a budget of 1k.. dont have much choice..
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
            they go for just over 1k not including installation. and as for a budget of 1k.. dont have much choice..
            So like $1200 or something? Where can i get them from? i know D2 coilovers cost about the same? Also how much is installation?

Comment

Don't stooge out on coilovers. Save up a little more for a decent set of Tein SS. You won't regret it, whereas you buy the D2s and you're buying a new setup in the future.

Comment

yea around that mark depending where u get them from.

There must be someone in this forum who can do the installation for you at a better rate than other shops so do a search in the forum.

Alternatively, look for a DIY and pretty much DIY...

and as for monty's suggestion, its a go go. try to get a better set if you could wait because its all worth it down the track.
                bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by phat_dogg View Post
                  How much do the Tein basics go for anyway? Can you get them for $1k. If not, what would you guys suggest for a budget of $1k?
                  I have fitted a few BC Sports coilovers lately and all owners have been happy with them. People here may not like it, but they're cheapest on Ebay! About $1300 landed I believe!

Comment

Bringing back an old thread here, but can anyone tell me if these would be able to handle the odd track day (I'm talking like 1-2 times a year)? It's looking like these, the BC sports from above, or spoon progressives with stock shocks. Leaning towards these as tein is a highly reputable brand, and im more preferring coilovers. I'd love a set of SS or Buddyclub N+, but i'd have to wait around for a secondhand set as im not willing to fork out that type of cash, and they just dont come up often enough.

Basically after a good drop, and an improvement in handling whilst not suffering from ruptured kidneys due to poor comfort. Anyone advise?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
                      Bringing back an old thread here, but can anyone tell me if these would be able to handle the odd track day (I'm talking like 1-2 times a year)? It's looking like these, the BC sports from above, or spoon progressives with stock shocks. Leaning towards these as tein is a highly reputable brand, and im more preferring coilovers. I'd love a set of SS or Buddyclub N+, but i'd have to wait around for a secondhand set as im not willing to fork out that type of cash, and they just dont come up often enough.

Basically after a good drop, and an improvement in handling whilst not suffering from ruptured kidneys due to poor comfort. Anyone advise?
                      Sadly i can't answer your question but maybe you can answer mine!

You said you are deciding between those above coilovers and spoon springs, I was wondering if you had been able to find some sort of comparison between all the lowering springs ie Spoon, Eibach, Tanabe and Skunk2 or others... Because I have been trying to find a decent review of each but they all sound rather biased.

I'm fairly sure ill be going down the lower spring and some koni yellows route as apposed to coilovers.

Comment

sorry to bring an old thread up as the previous 2 posts did but im in the same situation for replacing suspension on my missus DC5

I was going to get the Tein Basic's from Ebay for $1100 only to drive to the workshop and find they sold out of sets... They also told be Fulcrum will not be distributing any further kits.

The workshop then gave me a couple of options:

Koni Yellow Shocks + Lovell Springs (Aussie brand) for $1100
                        Koni Yellow Shocks + Eibach Prokit for $1380

He advised me they are also height adjustable but instead using a clip... the main advantage i wanted from the basics was obviously the ease of changing the height with the spanners...

More research shows:

Tein Basics @ Access autoworks for $1,300 (which i believe is quite pricey)
                        BC coilovers as people have mentioned for $1,300 @ OTR

Any recommendations on what would be good for a daily drive with a reasonable budget?
                        My main points are:
                        - The flexibility of raising the cars height
                        - Reliability

I was also looking into second hand but i've had a bad experience with them..

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                        X