No announcement yet.

TEIN Type Basic Coilover on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what i was going to say. Whats up with the front being harder than the rear. I may not be looking to track often....but i would prefer handling better than stock...maybe not the way to go. Hmmmmm....

Comment

Hmmm interesting....could be a typo? The japanese website has the JC spec pro's rated at 6kg Front/ 6kg Rear same part # too CS-H004P trippy....

Comment

Originally posted by typeS View Post
        Hmmm interesting....could be a typo? The japanese website has the JC spec pro's rated at 6kg Front/ 6kg Rear same part # too CS-H004P trippy....
        I don't understand.. so the spring rate F6 R8 is not right?

Comment

No. That is how it should be. On their website it says F8 R6.

F6 R6....thats pretty soft really yeah? Not much handling to gain from that?

Comment

Just installed a set for a mate, TEIN basic. He's over the moon with them. So they cant be that bad.....BTW was on a base DC5

Comment

typeS...what did you find you didnt like about the basics? Can anyone weigh into the thread with some ideas/alternatives or general thought.

Comment

unless you are circuit racing in competitions,

i doubt you need anything complicated, reliability is the key for daily drivers...
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
                  typeS...what did you find you didnt like about the basics? Can anyone weigh into the thread with some ideas/alternatives or general thought.
                  Well I was after a nice drop, with some improved handling. The fulcrum basics I bought from ebay certainly improved the handling, but the drop was not what I wanted. On it's max had a 3 finger gap in the rear and 2 at the front. But you shouldn't look too much into my experience, because the workshop concluded that they came with wrong springs, which were too short. But handling wise, paired with the rear sway bar, they improved the handling a LOT. The ride quality is great, firm but smooth, what I wanted in a daily

Comment

Not low enough for you? Sounds like in the end you weren't overly dissappointed in the basics at all.

Comment

I was more disappointed in the amount of time and money I wasted with these coilovers.

Here I'll give you a run down on the amount of dough I spent on them;

$1350 For Coilovers shipped
                      $490 Installation + Alignment (Fulcrum won't give you warranty, unless a proper workshop does it so NO backyard job)
                      $150 To take everything apart again and remove spacers.

All up; $1990

I may have got a bad set/ I may not have, we will never know. But if you want basics get the U.S spec.

Comment

I was more disappointed in the amount of time and money I wasted with these coilovers.

Here I'll give you a run down on the amount of dough I spent on them;

$1350 For Coilovers shipped
                        $490 Installation + Alignment (Fulcrum won't give you warranty, unless a proper workshop does it so NO backyard job)
                        $150 To take everything apart again and remove spacers.

All up; $1990

I may have got a bad set/ I may not have, we will never know. But if you want basics get the U.S spec.
                        Is that refundable if the springs are wrong model as what u mention before?

Comment

Nup not refundable. They just keep handballing it from one another. Manufacturer claims, "We double check everything and all parts are correctly supplied. The shop claims, "We don't make them, we just sell it".

Comment

hey guys,

sorry to rehash this thread again...

i'm in the market for a new set of springs/shocks or coilovers for my dc5r. The current set up (i think with aftermarket springs + stock shocks... not too sure, bought it like that in nov) is worn and handling is all over the shop.

criteria:
                            - daily driving to work
                            - never going to track
                            - must be better than stock sussy (even if slightly better, hehe)
                            - lowered (doesn't have to be dramatic)

i've done a bit of looking around and i'm pretty set on the TEIN SS's. Next bit is getting them... i've emailed a guy off the ozhonda traders (max-hondapower) for a quote but his account is expired so i have no idea what that means. Are there any recommended places in melbourne, preferably westside, where i can get them? and what kind of money should I be spending (including installation)?

thanks!

Comment

what is your budget?

i can get Tein at great prices from USA... sent to your door via fedex...
                              ... retired/

Comment

budget is <2k installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X