No announcement yet.

TEIN Type Basic Coilover on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm not bad....any1 got a set of coilover 2 sell to me??? looking to buy but cant access to for sale section..are base models coilovers same to the type r's coilover???

Comment

just bought a set of HAs from ebay just under a grand for my dc2r , brand new so cheap .

Comment

I got the TEIN SS from the some guy from Ebay for $1650 "BRAND NEW", only 350 different. should get the SS

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry to bring back an old thread...but overal what was the general verdict on the tein basics? Lookin at gettin some coilovers but not interested in spending $1500+. Anyone have any issues or viable alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
            Hey guys. Sorry to bring back an old thread...but overal what was the general verdict on the tein basics? Lookin at gettin some coilovers but not interested in spending $1500+. Anyone have any issues or viable alternatives?
            Can always go for an spring and shock package which would be a better ride and lower your car

only cons are you cant adjust the height
            Blaze Orange

Comment

I've got the basics I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, well not at least the Aussie Fulcrum ones. I have heard good things about the JC project coilovers, a lot of guys down in Singapore run them.

I wish they were for sale when I bought my basics

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JC-PROJECT-CO...%3A1|294%3A100

Comment

I was actually looking at these today. Does anyone have much info on them?

At this stage the main use will be street...maybe a track day down the line...but not often. Really looking to drop it down to a good looking height, stiffen it up but maintain a decent ride. In people's opinion, is this (coilovers) the way to go or do progressive springs offer enough to suffice?

Comment

what ever happened to the days of budget lowering lol set of super low king springs all round and not worryin bout shocks

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                    Can always go for an spring and shock package which would be a better ride and lower your car

only cons are you cant adjust the height
                    Yeah...true. Was hoping to be adjustable though...

Comment

just bought new tein ha driving masters on ebay hope thier good !

Comment

Originally posted by typeS View Post
                        I've got the basics I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, well not at least the Aussie Fulcrum ones. I have heard good things about the JC project coilovers, a lot of guys down in Singapore run them.

I wish they were for sale when I bought my basics

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JC-PROJECT-CO...%3A1|294%3A100
                        I recommended this brand long time ago, some fxxking idiot said it is "k-sport".
                        If you turst it, go ahead. If you don't, don't blame me, I don't make this brand. I also recommended by my friend and tried, I found it is heaps good for this price range. Do more research on the net about this brand, don't be a shltty frog at under a well and yelling day and night "It is K-sport"!!
                        By the way, you can even check out you-tube, they have their own drift team at Japan.
                        Check this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3_Ix8YVdtY

Comment

Can anybody tell me the tein ss spring rates? For someone not planning to track...how do these (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140329961574) with spring rates of front, 200mm,8kg and rear 180mm, 6kg sound? Can anybody see anything that may be a problem for me?

Comment

^I think they're decent for the price

spring rates for ss are

US spec-Front 8k/ Rear 10k
                            JDM Spec- Front 6k/ Rear 9K
                            UK Spec- Front 6k/ Rear 9K
                            AUS Spec- No clue

Comment

Can anybody tell me the tein ss spring rates? For someone not planning to track...how do these (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140329961574) with spring rates of front, 200mm,8kg and rear 180mm, 6kg sound? Can anybody see anything that may be a problem for me?
                              Should be same as JDM spec.
                              By the way, the front spring rate cannot be higher than rear spring rate on DC5 model due to rear shocker is storter than the front.
                              Last edited by yakuza; 08-07-09, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The person that designed those coilovers needs a punch in the face. The spring rates are completely backward, it will make the front wheel rate more than twice as stiff as the rear.

They should be fine for the street though, if that is all you want. Don't expect the car to handle any better though.

Comment

Working...
                                X