TEIN Type Basic Coilover on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TEIN Type Basic Coilover on Ebay

In market for a set of coilover, on a limited budget.

Saw this set on ebay, it looks like one level down from TEIN SS.

Anyone got this coilover on their car? Can you share some experience. Also, is the price ok?
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TEIN-Coilover...1%7C240%3A1318
    Luxury Integra@ClubITR Drive slow FTW!!! (My Car)

no pillow mounts no camber adjustment for TEIN basic damper

Comment

Originally posted by Type R View Post
      no pillow mounts no camber adjustment for TEIN basic damper
      just looking to lower the car and improve the handling a bit, never going to track it.

is pillow mounts just to make the car more stiffer?

Comment

pillow mounts gives u more or faster response feel from the sus.....forgot which one...maybe both?

but pillow mounts will mean they will be alot louder...

i need to put oil where the pillow ball is to make it not so loud in my ones
        Last edited by scheung; 12-04-09, 05:56 AM.
        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Thats a very decent price for a set of coil overs. To have a set of koni yellows fitted you're looking at that price. Thats without springs too!

KYO, if you wanna just lower the car just get a set of TEIN, H&R or SPOON springs. Alot cheaper!

Comment

If you after a good set of TEIN's with a budget at hand then have a look at super street as they have the pillow mounts on them already also with camber adjustment (i think up to 16 clicks) if i remember correctly.

If something cheaper probably look at something on the lines of D2 coilovers which i've heard mixed reviews but most have a positive side to them.

Comment

I wouldn't let the lack of "pillow ball" mounts, otherwise known as a spherical bearings, bother you. They just seem to make noise, bind and wear out and I think they are completely unecessary on a street car. If you want a little more negative camber at the front to improve the handling of the car just pick up a pair of Ingalls camber bolts.

Those coilovers seem like a reasonable choice for your goals, although a good lowering spring matched with Koni yellow dampers might also work well.

Comment

Cheers guys

I've brought set of 2nd hand spoon spring recently but only to found they won't fit 05'+ DC5.
                The only option is to replace the shocks, or get coilover instead.
                A set of koni yellow is like a grand...

My budget is sub $1500 inc installation, so don't think I can get Tein SS for that price.

So it's between:

Koni Yellow + Spoon Spring
                vs
                Tein Basic Coilover

still tossing.... not sure how will koni match with spoon.

Comment

Koni yellows is prob the best choice out of the two. Easier to source and replace. And very reliable. Not to say TEIN isn't reliable, very good brand in coilover nonetheless.

Comment

koni yellows dont make any for the dc5 i think???

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      I wouldn't let the lack of "pillow ball" mounts, otherwise known as a spherical bearings, bother you. They just seem to make noise, bind and wear out and I think they are completely unecessary on a street car. If you want a little more negative camber at the front to improve the handling of the car just pick up a pair of Ingalls camber bolts.

Those coilovers seem like a reasonable choice for your goals, although a good lowering spring matched with Koni yellow dampers might also work well.
                      I have to agree with you on this one
                      Pillow ball top mounts only makes noise and some what losses that
                      fell of solidness in the steering wheel!
                      But you get used to it tho

Comment

i looked at them but considering they are adjustable, i wont bother. Plus i want something a lot better anyway.

Just remember that due to the design, if u lower them too much u can get problems.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

so wat did u end up getting???

Comment

Basic's are a great buy, they are essentially the SAME as tein ss. Same spring rate same lowering heights, only thing is dampening can't be adjusted.

With the basics, dampening comes pre set from tein at 8, this is set in the middle 0 being stiff and 16 soft. If your driving on street only, this is PERFECT.

The ride is firm but smooth, the real question is; Is spending another 600 for dampening adjustment really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by subculture View Post
                              so wat did u end up getting???
                              End up getting a set of 2nd hand TEIN SS from a member here.... cost about the same as that TEIN Basic.
                              In market for a set of camber kit now.
                              Last edited by Kyo; 22-05-09, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X