No announcement yet.

What to do (replace the car?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i envy those guys with aftermarket ecus that let them set rev limits when they take their cars for service...

Comment

^ mmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
        i envy those guys with aftermarket ecus that let them set rev limits when they take their cars for service...

I'm one of those guys...

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post

I'm one of those guys...
          If you are then why are you scared of people thrashing you car?

Comment

I also have my DC2R as a weekend car, have a work focus to rack up the kms on...

on a side note, last week I decided to run it, and took it to work... well got rear ended in heavy traffic... crap

Comment

As long as the car is serviced should be fine, right?

My DC5R had 145,000km....there was no problem with it...
              Now....my CT9A has 142,000km on it...either way...this problem will
              always come up....just make sure u take care of your car
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

off-topic but VtecMachine, take a drive out to Hanny's, you basically sit 2 mtrs from where they work on ur car, and nobody really oggles ur car, to them its just another Honda to be serviced....

cheap also.

Comment

was searching around and found this thread that i started 5-6 years ago... well i may as well provide an update.

Still have my DC2R and its been very very reliable. Since new it has gone through 1 master clutch cylinder and 1 set of brake pads. Still on it's original clutch and brake rotors (that are probably well under spec by now). It has done 257,000km and is still running perfectly. Not drinking any oil at all. I am very very happy with it! Once i burst through the 200,000km mark i stopper caring about its odometer reading.

Over the last few years it's body has got a little rougher (key marks here and there) and has a significant ding in the rear quarter panel from being hit with a full plastic coke bottle (am guessing) by some @sshole so i am a little sad that it's appearance has deteriorated. But I will get that fixed eventually.

After reading through this thread tonight i see that i have really ended up taking the advice given to me. I've kept it with the attitude that it is a really great car and if the engine goes from excessive use then i will just buy a new spoon crate engine.

I guess the plan is to keep it forever. I intend to track it again soon (its been about 6 years since it last saw a track) once i get enough free time to get it cleaned up (new bushes etc). My long term goals for it are to track it regularly and hopefully do tarmac rallies in it. I would love to do something like the Targa Tasmania in it one day. It's not exactly a comfortable everyday car so it is quite suited to being given a roll cage and being raced and rallied imo.

Currently i'm trying to freshen the car up starting with the fact that it feels like a bucket of bolts driving on crappy Adelaide roads. Therefore i have bought new suspension bushes that need to be fitted and have ordered bracing to stiffen the chassis and hopefully reduce the creaking and flexing which make the car sound & feel older than it is. After that come performance mods to make the car a little more exciting and faster. Currently looking at clutch/flywheel. Reasonably set on a Toda flywheel but just not sure about clutch. Tossing up between Exedy Sports Organic, Toda Sports and Spoon. I want the car to remain my daily for now but i still want to consider what it may go through in the future on the track or in a rally. Quick shifting sometimes crunches so i hope a lighter flywheel and new clutch can improve that.

Hopefully very soon i will have the car back in tip top shape, refreshed and feeling much younger than 14yrs and 257,000km would suggest.

Comment

Well done to you sir!! Great read. Makes me miss my car
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Awesome stuff. Really liking the future plans with taking it to the track. Perhaps you can share your progress with the car at the track with a blog on CITR?

Is Mallala raceway the main track you'll taking it to that's near Adelaide?
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion eskimo, i may do that. Yes Mallala is the local track. Will be really good to get back there. Earlier this year i got to drive a few super-cars in Las Vegas through http://www.exoticsracing.com/ which reignited my motivation to get the car back "on track".

What do you drive now Felix?

Comment

I love these stories, good luck on the restoration

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Good to know man, I know where you were originally coming from. I'm personally sitting at @ 157, xxx km's and your post is starting to bring about a change in heart for me. Always thought about the value of the car and how much I'd get back for it, but that shouldn't be the way I look at it. I won't enjoy the time I own it if I kept looking at it that way!
                            00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                            13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                            15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

I have the same strategybwirh my dc5=
                              . No plans to sell. When the engine goes. K24. Engine has never given me any issues
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X