swapping from dc5r to evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping from dc5r to evo

i noticed there is a few evo owners on here that used to be dc5/dc2 drivers.. how was the move to an evo? any regrets? or best change u've done??

i'm toying with the idea after reading some stuff on the evo and test driving the evo X. the $/hp ratio is a lot better then the dc5r but handling is also important. i much preferred the drive/feel of the dc5r compared to the evo X but the dc5r is lacks a bit in power compared to teh evo..

ur opinions??

turbo the dc5. instant power!
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Evo is good for track but for daily too costy to run and maintain IMO.

Honda more reliable and easy to drive on daily.

Comment

I'm one of those guys that swapped from a DC5R to an Evo. In terms of power, The obvious answer is that the evo definitely feels and has more power then the DC5R.

Daily is some what alittle more expensive then the DC5R because of fuel and the cost of servicing it, but it ain't going to drill a hole in your pocket much more then the DC5R unless you start pouring money into it (Modding). But i think thats the case with both cars no?

It really comes down to what you want? You mention handling is important, I believe both are great handling cars and only when being pushed hard (Track) will you come to appreciate aspects of both cars. In the evo it feels like your in more control, the Type R you feel alil more on the edge (This is all personal experience). In terms of feel, well i cannot tell you which one is better, it comes down to personal preference. Once you decide on what you really want (Track? Daily? Bit of both?) then i'm pretty sure the Evo community here can give you a greater insight on things .

For me? I have no regrets making the transition to an evo. However there are times when i miss my Type R but i'm loving the Evo everybit
        Last edited by Vitabrits; 14-02-09, 04:47 PM.
        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

Don't lie Vistabrits, when i let u drive my Type S, i see ur eyes light up!

On another note, i would love to have ur car! SWAP?
          sigpic

Comment

Evo is fast, and practical
            I just don't like the way the car does it all for you

But I will still get one...maybe when I am 40yr old
            Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

i dont understand y ppl always bitch about the ride comfort of the car....

my car is a daily drive....no complaints here...
              500-600km a week...
              must be just me....

noticeable different btw the two....launching the car.....no more wheelspin.....
              but apparently getting new engine mounts will solve that problem with the dc5r

cost to run the car.....evo would be more expensive...

dc5r....i guess i didnt push the car hard enough....i had 145,000km on it...still running
              original pads....2 sets of tyres...original clutch...no track day..i guess thats y as well

evo....3 sets of brake pads,a set of rotors,2nd clutch,new suspension(leaking),3 sets of
              tyres..thats all of memory.....car has done 135,000km

miss the sound of vtec though.....
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

turbo dc5r wins. :P i may be biased.

Comment

i went from a highly modified wrx to a type S.. u wont regret getting a turbo car especially an evo! but turbo cars will cost ya more everyday... Havin 4wd is a great thing also.. i miss not spinning my wheels!
                  FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

I went from DC2R to Evo and I do miss the Type R.
                    The drive feel of they Type R was more enjoyable for me the car was more responsive, had an amazing shift feel and felt more alive.

Having said that though I use my evo as a daily and I have no regrets at all.
                    It's not that much more costly to run, has alot more power especially down low and the car actually feels easier to drive.
                    For me I just wanted a sedan that was still fun to drive, and the evo was it.
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

thanks all for the feedback.. might go test drive a few of the older ones

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
                        I went from DC2R to Evo and I do miss the Type R.
                        The drive feel of they Type R was more enjoyable for me the car was more responsive, had an amazing shift feel and felt more alive.

Having said that though I use my evo as a daily and I have no regrets at all.
                        It's not that much more costly to run, has alot more power especially down low and the car actually feels easier to drive.
                        For me I just wanted a sedan that was still fun to drive, and the evo was it.
                        Which evo?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                          Which evo?
                          Went from a Near Stock DC2R to a Modified Evo7

Comment

I went from modded DC5R to stock evo 9 (soon modified after that).

The evo is definitely a step up in both handling and power. Different beast to drive, the evo is in a different class of car (hence why it's compared to M3, STi, V8s etc and the DC5R more to RX8, 350Z, WRX, Clio sport etc).

In terms of running cost, DC5R is definitely cheaper. The evo chews thru about 20% more fuel on an average tank (some occasional squirts) and prob more expensive to insure (unless ur in SA where it's similar).

In terms of bang for buck for mods, evo canes DC5. Sure you can turbo the DC5 but at that cost you can get a monster of an evo. I had Hondata K-Pro on my DC5 and for the same $$ the evo bang for buck for mods was better.

DC5R had more rawness about it compared to a stock evo. That soon disappears if you add suspension and I/E/ECU mods on the evo where it will be just as raw imo.
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                            http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

this is strictly my own opinion too but you get used to the power in the evo really quickly.
                              my car makes 200+ kw at the wheels and after owning it for only 2 months it doesn't "feel" that fast to me as it did when I got it.
                              When I had the Type R, I spent most of my time just driving well below VTEC band.
                              Whenever I used to give it a bit and stay in VTEC it was fun and exciting everytime.
                              I guess when you have lots of power readily available you do start taking it for granted.

Comment

Working...
                              X