Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lock lug nuts - are they really "locked"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock lug nuts - are they really "locked"?

I'm looking at buying some locking lug nuts for my car, but i was thinking, are these any deterrent from people who wants to steal your wheels anyway?
    Those "keys" or allen keys are readily available now, so is there any point getting lock nuts?

u can still get the lock nuts out without the key but it will take longer..
    still good to get them so that ppl can see them and hopefully hunt for sth else

Comment

but if they are knowledgeable about what they want to steal, they would have a few lock nut keys in their pockets handy anyway...i know if i was to do it that's what I would do...not that i will.

Comment

If they really want your shit, they'll get it somehow. Although having lock nuts etc will deter your average local junkie or kids on the hunt for cheap thrills from stealing your wheels.
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

McGard spline drives/lock nuts will make life more difficult for the average junkie..

They are two piece too so they won't damage your precious wheels.

David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
          '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
          '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

hmm awesome! do you know where to buy them locally?
            might get one of these and one of the volks on each wheel...

Comment

No sorry man. No one imports them from the US here.

'the_lugshack' on ebay sells them. I bought two sets off him, awesome to deal with! They sell kits with lock nuts as well as these spline drives, they all have a unique serial code and if you wish to make a new key, you just quote your serial and mcgard can make up an extra key for your lock nuts..
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

fantastic! thanks for that.
                Last edited by tofu; 07-10-08, 11:17 PM.

Comment

nice nuts!!!!

i removed my lock nuts with an 18mm socket smashed on with a sledgehammer when i lost the key once!

bad days...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Hmm i just realised that i need to either hide my key in the car... or i may as well remove my spare tyre... >.<

Comment

i guess it makes the croocks take longer to steal your wheels and hopefully someone would have notice them by then.

Comment

I doubt anyone will notice the croocks. Because people will assume that they are jus changing their tyres. Oh man, I can't imagine how I will react when I see my car without wheels.

Comment

What happened to getting tilt sensors on your car alarm ?? Why not do that ?
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                            What happened to getting tilt sensors on your car alarm ?? Why not do that ?
                            hmm that's a great idea too, i'll look into this.

Comment

you don't really need tilt sensor if you have shock sensor with lock nuts...the moment they try to unlock your nuts it should set off the shock sensor...so really tilt sensor is just a waste of money

z10 says:
                              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                              z10 says:
                              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Working...
                              X