No announcement yet.

who owns a EK9 here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry if this question has already been covered but how come the ep3 was easy to import compared to say the ek9 or even the new fd2r ??

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
      Oh really ?

How about you go to Autosalon mag HQ and ask for papz.

Because he sure as hell has a genuine one.

And there is another 5 I know of in Australia that are privatey imported with no dodgy vin # job.
      yeah you are right Chi.

Papz(Michael)EK9 is genuine and it was my friend's ex EK9. Its private import.

Comment

Originally posted by supersteve View Post
        sorry if this question has already been covered but how come the ep3 was easy to import compared to say the ek9 or even the new fd2r ??
        Because the EP3 wasn't released in Australia in full volume by Honda. The EK9 is basically a variant of the EK which was sold here.

Comment

Originally posted by supersteve View Post
          Same reason the AUDM DC5r wasnt easily imported.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

from what i understand you cant do commercial (grey) import of cars that the model is already available in australia.

for example ek9 is a variant of EK chassis. hence you cant bring in here unless it has been your car for at least a year overseas. the govt take it that is your personal property which you can bring it in.

so is the case with jdm dc5r is a variant of DC5 chassis. FD2 = FD chassis.

with EP3, honda australia doesnt has one so you can bring it in.

some of the real jdm dc2 or ek9 could be brought in before the current kick-in. this current law started 2 years ago i think. (i might be wrong with the time frame)

before this, i think the rule is a bit different and hence they can be brought in. (speculating)

i am not an expert of the current or previous law of importing cars. but i think thats the main reason FD2 (the chassis model is already available in australia) is not allowed to be brought in unless Honda Australia (offcial honda distributor) is the one who bring it in.
            Last edited by JDM Concept; 22-09-08, 08:34 AM.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
            A/C Name: JDM Concept
            A/C BSB: 032157
            A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by JDM Concept View Post
              from what i understand you cant do commercial (grey) import of cars that the model is already available in australia.

for example ek9 is a variant of EK chassis. hence you cant bring in here unless it has been your car for at least a year overseas. the govt take it that is your personal property which you can bring it in.

so is the case with jdm dc5r is a variant of DC5 chassis. FD2 = FD chassis.

with EP3, honda australia doesnt has one so you can bring it in.

some of the real jdm dc2 or ek9 could be brought in before the current kick-in. this current law started 2 years ago i think. (i might be wrong with the time frame)

before this, i think the rule is a bit different and hence they can be brought in. (speculating)

i am not an expert of the current or previous law of importing cars. but i think thats the main reason FD2 (the chassis model is already available in australia) is not allowed to be brought in unless Honda Australia (offcial honda distributor) is the one who bring it in.
              great read!

Comment

i think ek9 and jdm dc2r/db8r(4 door) only imported here as a Private Import (ie someone owned it in japan for a year before bringing it over). so genuine ones are rare.
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

ps. from the bmi's ive seen, they rate the dc2r much higher than ek9. aparently ek9 is slower in a streight line and around a circuit by some margin. i understood the attraction to eg/ek chassis was for more seriously tuned applications where the slightly lighter weight of the civic chassis can be utilised along with a bored/stroked engine (b18/20 or now k-series) for added performance vs a dc2 shell. in which case the only advantage of using an ek9 shell over another eg/ek platform is the factory chassis strengthening..
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

thanks for clearing that up guys

cheers

Comment

i have one

yes, papz does too... his is a personal import, i saw it when it was for sale... mate was about to buy it.

mine on the other hand is a rebuilt/rebirth - ie it was imported damaged, repaired here and rebirthed with a new vin number (but the original VIN is still there too). for those of you wondering how this was done, that was how the laws were in Vic pre 2001 (or around there). Alot of cars were brought in this way, including alot of the JDM DC2Rs around Melb - it was not just Hondas, but also alot of the Nissans, Toyotas, etc. anyway when the laws changed, Vicroads recalled (i'd assume) all of these rebirths for inspections to get rid of the dodgey built ones.

so yeah, all the EK9s floating around Australia are either personal imports or rebirths. Just to find one at all is hard enough, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by EK9 View Post
                        i have one

yes, papz does too... his is a personal import, i saw it when it was for sale... mate was about to buy it.

mine on the other hand is a rebuilt/rebirth - ie it was imported damaged, repaired here and rebirthed with a new vin number (but the original VIN is still there too). for those of you wondering how this was done, that was how the laws were in Vic pre 2001 (or around there). Alot of cars were brought in this way, including alot of the JDM DC2Rs around Melb - it was not just Hondas, but also alot of the Nissans, Toyotas, etc. anyway when the laws changed, Vicroads recalled (i'd assume) all of these rebirths for inspections to get rid of the dodgey built ones.

so yeah, all the EK9s floating around Australia are either personal imports or rebirths. Just to find one at all is hard enough, hehe.

regardless of vin no. is your ek9 local ek chassis or jdm ek9 chassis?

Comment

JDM as if you read his post carefully, they fix up the damage on the imported one.

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                            JDM as if you read his post carefully, they fix up the damage on the imported one.
                            thx for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Type R View Post
                              regardless of vin no. is your ek9 local ek chassis or jdm ek9 chassis?
                              its a ek9 chassis

Comment

^^ yup, ek9 chasis. also have the blue id tag as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X