Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

380Km per tank on my DC5 Lux, running rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

380Km per tank on my DC5 Lux, running rich?

Hi guys,

My DC5 (auto) is only getting 380Km per tank...
    I've been neglecting this for sometime now (about 12month ), but with the current ever increasing fuel price, I'm getting quite concerned .

I was able to get a good 500Km per tank when it was newly purchased 2yrs ago, and I'm not a heavy footed person, I tried to leave it in auto mode and drive like a granny but still getting less than 400km per tank.

So suspect the modifications are causing this, and before I go to a mechanic or tuner for help, I'm hoping if you guys can spot any problem with my car.

Mods:
    JDM DC5 Header
    Custom Catback
    TypeS Wheels
    K/N OEM Replacement Air Filter

Fuel:
    Shell V-Power

Things I've tried:
    Just did 40000KM service at Hanny, with new Spark Plug and cleaned filter.
    Resetting ECU didn't help.
    Tyre pressure checked.
    High way driving, trip to Central Coast, sightly better result of 390KM.

Is car running too rich? Would a CAI help?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kyo; 16-09-08, 04:15 AM.
    Luxury Integra@ClubITR Drive slow FTW!!! (My Car)

if you had a service and spark plugs and it still didnt help the, it could be running, but i dont see why its running so rich if its a stock ECU and resetted? Is the air filter clean?
    I get ~450 a tank from my boosted dc5r, but then i think manual is more fuel efficient..

on a side note, how do you measure your mileage? from full till the light comes on or full to dangerously empty way after the light comes on?

Comment

hey knight, nice car there mate! i wish they can make kpro for the auto...

ya, resetted ecu after install the header, didn't help...and air filter was cleaned during service, no good either... and the bad fuel consumption was already started before i had the header and filter

i measured from full fuel to light first came on, about 42litres getting 370~380km. i usually fill up after that, never risk to travel far after the light came up. i guess the most i will get is 400km

Comment

do you use your sports shift all the time?
        I use to have similar mods to you on a auto dc5 as well, and I sometimes find the way I drive with the sports shift determines how many km i get out of a tank...

Comment

try a different fuel, or from a different service station.
          I believe V power is the best for power but i use BP ultimate because i get 5% off i get better mileage out of bp anyway, i can get over 500 if i dont push it.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
            do you use your sports shift all the time?
            I use to have similar mods to you on a auto dc5 as well, and I sometimes find the way I drive with the sports shift determines how many km i get out of a tank...
            Hey tofu, i use SS when overtaking and occasionally power driving
            On average, a daily city driving i'll use 20% SS and 80% auto

I've tried to drive in auto for a full tank, but there was little improvement.

Can you remember what was ur mileage with your auto?

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
              try a different fuel, or from a different service station.
              I believe V power is the best for power but i use BP ultimate because i get 5% off i get better mileage out of bp anyway, i can get over 500 if i dont push it.
              I use V power cos the station is near me
              Used BP before, getting around the same KM.

Comment

i drive mostly in ss mode.
                and I get around 450km per tank.
                If i drive like a granny for a whole tank, i get close to around 520km
                when i'm trashing it, i get around 350-380km (less than 400km anyway)

what rpm do you shift at in 1,2,3 and 4th?

Comment

I don't know if the primary o2 sensor is prone to failure in the base/luxury, but if its anything like its type R brethren, then it might be something to look at.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...8&postcount=45
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

wow, 520km... that's sweet!

i put in auto most of the time, in SS i tend to shift almost at red line but only for 1 or 2 times a day for overtaking

mugsee, where is the best place to get my O2 sensor check out? I pressume they'll need to access my ECU record?
                    did u had a better mileage after replace the sensor?
                    Last edited by Kyo; 16-09-08, 10:17 AM.

Comment

i used to get about the same in my auto dc5 as well, with similar mods + tuned vafc. mainly city driving. i did get 6-700km/tank going to canberra and back though.
                      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

hmm, sounds strange as I used to get allmost 600kays when I first got my car, mind u I was getting used to it and not pushing it's lot. When I mash it out I still get over 420kays.

Currently mine is sitting at:
                        Last edited by Didz; 16-09-08, 10:01 PM.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

mmm i seem to be getting about 380/400 out of a tank (thats from full tell the light pops on) in my Type S with I/H/E and kpro.. i sit in peek hour traffic twice a day though and i'm not exactly "light footed" ... is this way out of the norm??
                          Toda Racing /// Gruppe-M /// Kpro

Comment

Originally posted by Mattski View Post
                            mmm i seem to be getting about 380/400 out of a tank (thats from full tell the light pops on) in my Type S with I/H/E and kpro.. i sit in peek hour traffic twice a day though and i'm not exactly "light footed" ... is this way out of the norm??
                            Doesnt sound too out of the norm imo.
                            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattski View Post
                              i thought having kpro would improve fuel economy a little if you didn't drive it hard, but then again, you are stuck in traffic...and when you get free, i do see you on the highway "not exactly light footed" away into the sunset....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X