Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R : AUDM vs JDM

Hi all,
    I used to own a AUDM DC5R a few years ago. A bloody good car and sometimes regret ever selling her. I miss it so much that I have been contemplating buying another one. It then dawned upon me, why not buy a JDM one.

So hence my question to those who have driven a JDM one. Apart from the obvious power difference, are there any other differences in terms of driving feel? eg. I remembered that the steering was a bit heavy and handling wasn't as good as the DC2. Is this trait in the JDM version as well?

Yeah, but remember in Australia, the AUDM dc5r is road registrable(sp?) whereas the JDM can't unless you've lived in Japan for the past year!

Comment

Yeah, I realise the difficulties in getting one downunder. But not impossible

Besides, someone may actually have a JDM version for sale here.

Comment

There is one for sale.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=4601

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Yeah, saw this one. It's sold though. Besides, I want only white or silver.

Comment

Originally posted by kctt71 View Post
            Yeah, saw this one. It's sold though. Besides, I want only white or silver.
            No offence dude, given that there is only a few in Oz, you dont have much of a choice!

Just buy Chi's, pretty close to a JDM!

Comment

or get a ep3 *BIG COUGH*

Comment

RDC5 in here own one...I've drive both mine and his.....not much difference in terms of handling.....power wise are pretty much similar too....pull a bit harder vtec thats it.....but not noticeable tho.........unless you do a few runs......
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                  RDC5 in here own one...I've drive both mine and his.....not much difference in terms of handling.....power wise are pretty much similar too....pull a bit harder vtec thats it.....but not noticeable tho.........unless you do a few runs......
                  Thanks for that. Did the steering feel heavy as well?

Comment

I can say its fairly similar feeling........or may just say its a little more firm compare to mine......hency mine done 3 x more milage then his car....lol....
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by kctt71 View Post
                      Thanks for that. Did the steering feel heavy as well?
                      Steering is no different between the 2 cars. I wouldn't go through the process of getting one just because it's JDM. It's easy enough to get the brakes which aren't a huge leap forward anyway and you can get more power from I/H/E and a KPro with tune.

If you're modding a car I'd run with the AUDM car because you're not gonna spend half as much time looking for one and I'd assume JDM cars are owned by enthusiasts that have modded them already so you might not like their tastes. Asking for a CW one just narrows your odds further.

If you want close to JDM then buy Chi's car.

Comment

Chi's Car > JDM IMO anyway
                        Just Hit VTec Yo!!

Comment

Thanks all for all the input. It was much appreciated.

Comment

well if ur doing mods to the car like i/h/e and kpro etc, just get the jdm head (with cams and all) if anything. That's the only real difference between the engines (even if it's not a great deal).
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

how much is the price for kpro?
                              - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                              X