New JDM Civic Type R shortly - maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    JDM rotors are 300mm, the same diameter as AUDM.

M&M Honda make a kit to fit larger rotors to the stock brembos also.
    Ah. Thanks for that Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by nippon View Post
      i read somewhere japan was getting the fn2r. maybe they were referring to that.
      But that's downgrading!

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
        But that's downgrading!
        The Japanese Honda enthusiast would be more comfortable with the name Civic on the FN2 though. In speaking with Murakami-san, the Japanese public doesn't consider the FD2 to be a true Civic as it is a sedan.

If th FN2 had IRS with the same suspension and the same engine and gearbox as the FD2R it would be much more popular with enthusiasts. Who's to say they won't just do that?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          i would have thought that changing to more appropriate brake pads would be a heck of a lot cheaper/easier/quicker than going to 320mm rotors...
          Just checked the price of Honda 320mm rotors for the JDM FD2 Civic Type R and they are 12,000 yen each list price (24,000 yen for a set of two) in Japan. A set of standard Honda brake pads for the brembo calipers (pads actually made by Ferodo) are listed at 28,000 yen for a set. Bottom line, good pads cost more than rotors. Brackets don't take long to make when you have a milling machine.

Comment

Working...
          X