help HELP help --> plz PLZ plz~!~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help HELP help --> plz PLZ plz~!~!

I think my left coil is damaged. any good suspension places anyone can suggect im in South/east Melbourne

coils a Zeal Endless, i get a knock noise on my left.. it doesn't feel like its screwed as i went hard on corners, just the knocking sound worries me. Better get it checked ASAP

thank guys

Knocking under what circumstances? At speed going over bumps or some other situation?

Comment

check the top bolt and see if it's screw tight

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

knocking could be many things depending on when it happens.

But from previous experiences.

* lose coilover plates
        * tie rod end is loose or faulty
        * Steering rack is faulty
        * Pillow top mount is faulty
        * suspension bits are hitting sumthing aftermarket.
        * Loose wheel nuts

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
          * lose coilover plates
          * tie rod end is loose or faulty
          * Steering rack is faulty
          * Pillow top mount is faulty
          * suspension bits are hitting sumthing aftermarket.
          * Loose wheel nuts
          Add Strut braces to that list too.

Check to see if all bolts are tight. But It would be good to get it check by a proper mechanic.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

I Had a knocking noise coming from the left hand side of my car as well. Turned out to be a nut connecting the tie rod to your sussy. I did it up tight but it came back a few days later. I took it into Honda for a warranty repair, they advised they just tightened the sussy and all the bolts, also greased it up. No issues anymore.
            sigpic

Comment

I recently had an issue with what seemed to me rear right coilovers. We thought it was a wheel bearing... it wasn't that.

Turned out to be the A-arm. The Chassis thread was a tad shread, and was causing the A-arm to move slightly. It was squeeking when when putting lateral load on the wheel. And then hard cornering, it knocked quite loudly. We put lock tight on the bolt, and cleaned up the Chassis thread, and now all seems to be fine.

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                I recently had an issue with what seemed to me rear right coilovers. We thought it was a wheel bearing... it wasn't that.

Turned out to be the A-arm. The Chassis thread was a tad shread, and was causing the A-arm to move slightly. It was squeeking when when putting lateral load on the wheel. And then hard cornering, it knocked quite loudly. We put lock tight on the bolt, and cleaned up the Chassis thread, and now all seems to be fine.
                I would helicoil it if possible to be extra sure... but that's just me...
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Another possibility is that the springs are not preloaded enough.

Give the guys down at Tech///Sport a call. Zac maybe a bit ghetto at times, but he knows his stuff and will do a great job on it.
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

thanks guys, wish i could of explained and show you tonight at the garage cafe. all og you have a great night

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                      Another possibility is that the springs are not preloaded enough.

Give the guys down at Tech///Sport a call. Zac maybe a bit ghetto at times, but he knows his stuff and will do a great job on it.
                      hey Michael,

You got there number??? i'll go make a checking

thank you

Regards
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Knocking under what circumstances? At speed going over bumps or some other situation?
                        just driving normal... when a bump come the knocking noise is noticable

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.R View Post
                          hey Michael,

You got there number??? i'll go make a checking

thank you

Regards
                          Michael
                          TECH///SPORT. 4/3 Power Road Bayswater Victoria 3153 Tel. 03 9720 9300

Good luck with it!
                          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                            TECH///SPORT. 4/3 Power Road Bayswater Victoria 3153 Tel. 03 9720 9300

Good luck with it!
                            MUCH APPRECIATED

Comment

Working...
                            X