No announcement yet.

Buying a Type R from carsales.com.au

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if things have changed, but all the good ones got sold within a week (usually 2-3 days!) when I was looking at buying last year Jan 07 - Sept 07. The ones that were left were:

-In shit condition
    -Dodgey
    -Overpriced (severely, slighty o/p ones in great condition still sold)
    -Missing logbooks
    David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
    '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
    '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

That last one seems okay although could be a little overpriced. I checked out a 3 owner, 70ish k km, full dealer serviced, stock as a rock, fully optioned black dc2r over a year ago and it was 22,000ish as I remember. There are plenty of ghetto ones on the market though, which is sad.

Comment

From the standpoint of someone who has just purchased, take your time and don't rush into anything. There are some Gem Dc2's out there for around the $20-22k mark, I have just purchased a super clean immaculate one for around this price and believe me it took time to sift through the "Ghetto" trash that is on the market. Although having said that it does depend on your plans for the car once you have purchased. If your looking for something to highly modify and flog the pants off then your probably not looking for something in pristine condition. As has already been said, Get service history and check out the servicing garage/dealer to see if they are legit or dodge, Also which has been said get an inspection done prior to deciding.
        I spent the best part of a year almost everyday searching the net for dc2r's before I made a purchase, and was lucky enough to finally find one in my own state. Being tassie this was not easy.

Good luck with the purchase, IMO I wouldn't buy any of those because the only decent one there has too many km's for the price. just my 2c!

2000 DC2 Integra type-R NHB #00-0413
        DBA 4000 series front rotors
        Hot Bits performance Coil-Overs

Comment

I'm selling mine now.....cept that i'm in VIC

Comment

Mine's still for sale Milano Red, 140,000km+ - going cheap!

Haven't decided what to replace it with yet so been hanging on to it for like the last year hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Vincikwan View Post
              I'm selling mine now.....cept that i'm in VIC
              Save your time mate, ive offered him mine but he seems to only want to buy in Sydney which is a shame because there as some very good ones around that arent in Sydney.

If he wants a quality car that fits all his criteria but limiting himself to one particular area it will only be himself that will miss out.

Comment

LOL...well, just an offer...gonna put mine on carsales soon. So i though if i can sell it here, i dont need to put it up on carsales...anyway, good luck on ur sale too!

Comment

Thanks mate, you too. If yours was around when I was looking i'd have bought yours, always wanted CW

Comment

Working...
                  X