Buying a Type R from carsales.com.au

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Type R from carsales.com.au

Hey, i've been in the market for a dc2r for awhile now and just wanted to consult with anybody who might know anything about these cars currently advertised.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...e=15&R=5220218

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...ing|0&trecs=50

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...ing|0&trecs=50

By knowing anything, i mean the past history and all, don't want to get jipped and end up with a lemon. Or waste my time taking it to a mech to check out.

thanks in advance

The first one used to be turbo.. I'd be praying that the previous install/demod was done correctly.
    David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
    '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
    '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

imo car must have full service history (and ring the place that has serviced it to confirm)
      imo getting an inspection (nrma or whoever) is a must

Comment

very interesting indeed, cause i asked the owner about the car being turbo charged, and he said he DID have a kit for it, but never got around to actually installing it.

guess the owner is lying, anyway to spot whether it has been or not?

A LOT of forum members on here, and ozhonda.com are saying the same thing.

Comment

3rd one maybe?

BTW - where abouts are you? your profile is blank!
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by her0 View Post
            very interesting indeed, cause i asked the owner about the car being turbo charged, and he said he DID have a kit for it, but never got around to actually installing it.

guess the owner is lying, anyway to spot whether it has been or not?

A LOT of forum members on here, and ozhonda.com are saying the same thing.

Seen it turbo'd - so obviously he's lying. It was on carsales yonks ago with pics of his turbo'd setup!! I also spoke to a few of his mates at a local servo (I live in the next suburb from bossley pk) - they told me they had a friend with a lambo yellow dc2r with a turbo setup!

Won't bother with it, especially seeing that the colour isn't standard anymore.. it'll probably kill your resale.

That car has been on sale for ages - that could be telling you something. Especially seeing that the owner has blatantly lied to you!
            Last edited by milkman; 11-08-08, 11:27 PM.
            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

That 3rd one looks like the best out of the 3 you listed..

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

I'd go with the 3rd aswell. Looks mint, and lowish Km's, and kinda stockish too.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  3rd one maybe?

BTW - where abouts are you? your profile is blank!
                  i reside in the liverpool area.

Comment

argh...another NSW buyer...i'm selling my car in VIC if ur interested.

Comment

when were you looking at purchasing one?

if you can wait abit.. i should be selling my black 01 dc2r soon.

Comment

Originally posted by deceivin View Post
                        when were you looking at purchasing one?

if you can wait abit.. i should be selling my black 01 dc2r soon.
                        umm... preferably as soon as possible, when are you looking to sell it ?

Comment

yeh i remember the first one on carsales over a year ago.

have a look at the third one mate
                          DCIIR

Comment

those 3 have been for sale for quite a long time i don't know if that says something about them

Comment

Dc2R's or DC5R's aren't easy to sell, Takes a dedicated person to buy one and put up with the high insurance premiums, So I don't think that should be a turn off.
                              /Oo ___H___ oO\
                              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
                              X