X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTR vs ITR vs ITS

Hi all,

Currently considering either a current model Civic Type R or a Integra Type S/R(DC5R) and would like to hear other's opinion and experience with those cars.

All 3 are great handling cars with similar power/torque figures,

ITS - Power: 154kW @ 7400rpm
    Torque: 194Nm @ 7000rpm

ITR - Power: 147kW @ 7400rpm
    Torque: 192Nm @ 6000rpm

CTR - Power: 148kW @ 7800rpm
    Torque: 193Nm @ 5600rpm

Would the ITS handle better since its rear suspension is Independent by double wishbones, whereas the CTR is Torsion beam?

Which would be the better car to drive?

TYpe S FTW!!!
    Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

I used to have a car with torsion beam rear... a Peugeot 306 GTI, it had very bad snap oversteer when you baked off the trottle... not so great.

No LSD on the ITS and CTR either... only on the ITR.

You only start to see how different the cars are when you strip them down, the ITR gets the thumbs up for handling over all of them.

If you want to modify them, ITR for race and ITS for street.

An ITR would be great for street too, but there is a lot more to change if you want to go extreme with an ITS. Little things like changing the shifter base rubber bushes to metal ones in the ITR, which are things that people dont consider when they make broad comments about each car.

The ITS if you want a more confortable and quiet street car.

The CTR is way too heavy, so choose that if you like the look of it, not much more.

Or get your hands on the 4 door JDM CTR... or the Mugen Spec CTR!

Comment

comes down to personal prefrence.

Comment

test drive them yourself and pick the one you like...that would be the best way...those figures only shows you can read a brochure

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by KK11 View Post

Which would be the better car to drive?
            drive where?

to the shops?

to the 'Pie in the Sky'?

around the race track?

to work every day?

only on weekends?
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              drive where?

to the shops?

to the 'Pie in the Sky'?

around the race track?

to work every day?

only on weekends?

It would be a everyday car with some track days.

I agree that it comes down to personal preference and testing driving them all would be the best way to pick one, I just wanted to hear people's opinion and experience with those cars.

JDM_DC5R, Thanks for the heads up on the LSD issue, yes the Jap spec 4 dr CTR would be awesome, if only they sold it here..

Comment

and you won't consider EP3?

Comment

yeah i heard them ep3's are good why not give them a try *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by KK11 View Post
                    I agree that it comes down to personal preference and testing driving them all would be the best way to pick one, I just wanted to hear people's opinion and experience with those cars.
                    dc2 owner will tell you omg dc2 is the best FF car ever

type S owner will tepp you type S is best cos it makes a few extra KW atw

type R owner will say my car has LSD so it's the best

to simplify....what we say doesnt mean shit LOL go test drive

z10 says:
                    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                    z10 says:
                    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                      dc2 owner will tell you omg dc2 is the best FF car ever

type S owner will tepp you type S is best cos it makes a few extra KW atw

type R owner will say my car has LSD so it's the best

to simplify....what we say doesnt mean shit LOL go test drive
                      Agreed...

Comment

dc2r = unrefined, raw, fun, fairly cheap, hard to find in pristine shape
                        dc5r = less raw, heavier than dc2r, but can make way more power than dc2r so it can be faster around a track
                        dc5s = luxury dc5 for grandma and grandpa who want luxury and maybe just maybe go round corners slightly faster
                        ep3 = nice box on wheels, hard to find parts for, comes with all the headaches of owning an import

With that in mind, just get a family sedan and call it a day, you can track sedans too. CAMRY FTW
                        /Oo ___H___ oO\
                        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                          dc2r = unrefined, raw, fun, fairly cheap, hard to find in pristine shape
                          dc5r = less raw, heavier than dc2r, but can make way more power than dc2r so it can be faster around a track
                          dc5s = luxury dc5 for grandma and grandpa who want luxury and maybe just maybe go round corners slightly faster
                          ep3 = nice box on wheels, hard to find parts for, comes with all the headaches of owning an import

With that in mind, just get a family sedan and call it a day, you can track sedans too. CAMRY FTW
                          You should take one of those Aurions for a thrash, they rock. And i drive a DC5R
                          †ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§

One To Pin (12PIN)
                          2002 DC5R
                          183.8kW of Normally Apirated 2150cc Toda Power at the Front Wheels
                          62.75s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semi's (stock engine)
                          124s @ Oran Park Superlap on Toyo R1R's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                          58.14s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
                          60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                          59.03S @ QR Sprints on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                          1:23.01S @ QR National on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)

Comment

DC2R FTW!

Raw & down to basics - what driving is really all about
                            "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dc5r/S ftw
                              but quite hard to find a good condition dc5R..

i wldnt go for the ctr here

Comment

Working...
                              X