INJEN CAI install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INJEN CAI install problem

i duno what is wrong but i cant seem to align the intake properly.

Like when i put the filter on, it is aimed at a 45 degree to the floor and is hitting my lip tray underneth. rather than facing straight forward

anyone had this problem?

here is a pic on clubrsx, how the filter should be facing forward. mine aims down

ok EDIT. part number is SP1477P so i think thats for the RSX-S 02+
    i think thats the right one isnt it?
    Last edited by EK4R; 27-03-08, 01:27 PM.
    19,000 rpm still going

I gave a friend a little assistance getting an injen to fit a little better earlier in the week, although I didn't really help much. From our experiences it takes a bit of fiddling and wiggling of the brackets and hose clamps where the rubber elbow is to get the filter to fit nicely.

I would get a friend, loosen the lower bracket near the washer bottle, loosen the hose clamps, put the car in 5th gear and wiggle it about until you are happy with the filter location. If you can't get it to a point where you are happy then maybe you are missing a bit or something?

Comment

im 90% sure the one on my mates car points downwards when we installed it

Comment

when i installed one on my dc5 the filter also pointed downwards.
        is the an injen washer bottle?

Comment

the injen washer bottle is red from what i have seen...

and the filter was actually black,

so not sure what thsi pic you posted is actually of?
          ... retired/

Comment

The injen came out in different colours and the red washer bottle was a different revision and design to the white one. In the pic, you can actually see the Injen logo on the top of the filter.
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

When it was fitted to my car it had a slight tilt downwards at the front. It did rest a little on the splash guard. Not a big deal really. Just make sure it's all tight and doesn't have any free play.

Comment

the older injen CAI came with white washer bottle, but the old injen still came with black filter

z10 says:
                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                z10 says:
                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

okok thanks for the reply.

the pic i posted up was on clubrsx, not my one

mine is red washer bottle with back filter and some of you have said its the re designed one.

anyone tried fitting the newer designed one on before? it seems to kinda come out a little bit into the wheel arch , im scared it will hit my wheels

need help ASAP lol, anyone in melb want to help out a dc5 mate il buy u lunch :P (not maccas)
                  19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by EK4R View Post

anyone tried fitting the newer designed one on before? it seems to kinda come out a little bit into the wheel arch , im scared it will hit my wheels
                    They all do that. That's why the splash guard needs cutting. The wheel would never touch it unless it fell off.

Comment

yeah think im going in to do the install myself and see how it go,

it seem very very close to my clutch cable/level , it hits when i change gears , should i remove the battery battle cable thats attached on the battery tray
                      19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by EK4R View Post
                        yeah think im going in to do the install myself and see how it go,

it seem very very close to my clutch cable/level , it hits when i change gears , should i remove the battery battle cable thats attached on the battery tray
                        When mine was first installed it needed adjusting. It actually hit the gear selector in 2nd and 4th gear. Just play around with it a little. And make sure you run car through gearbox before putting it all back together.

Comment

Was chatting to EK4 on msn and we got to the bottom of the problem.

I'll post up for other people to read in the future....

The battery tray needs to be removed also and a few spot welds drilled out to remove the under side support to allow more rotation in the pipe. That should give you the extra clearance.

Comment

yea will give this a try and post up the result tonight

cheers sam
                            19,000 rpm still going

Comment

my filter pointed directly into the vent on the front bumper and not downwards, and yes i remember there was a piece of metal underneath where the battery sits that needs to be drilled off. its all in the instructions y0!

Comment

Working...
                              X