Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to use copper.. but now I'm using Iridium

Comment

will it make any difference to my car/engine if i put the NGK Platinums, considering the car has only ever used NGK Iridiums .

reason i ask this, is that i have a new set of NGK platinums somewhere in my garage (for dc2r), and its time for the 160k major, so thought of taking them with me to the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexxy View Post
        will it make any difference to my car/engine if i put the NGK Platinums, considering the car has only ever used NGK Iridiums .

reason i ask this, is that i have a new set of NGK platinums somewhere in my garage (for dc2r), and its time for the 160k major, so thought of taking them with me to the service.
        i dont know if you will feel a noticeable difference.. but they say platinums dont last as long as iridiums.. but i cant really put any truth to that... maybe platinum is softer metal?

but iridium is from the platinum family
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

i'd use platinum plugs and replace them frequently over using iridium plugs for extended periods of time.
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Honda Australia has said that the factory plugs for DC5R's are infact platinum. I have had chats to them when mine were due for replacement, they did source some Iridium ones for me though. They seem to work well. But from all the discussions about platinum vs iridium, i've been told by honda and many other sources, that the platinum plug is a long life and reliable plug over copper. The iridium plug is a high performance plug, though it is very fragile when it comes to fuel mixtures, if you are running a little bit rich, you will destroy them very quickly. Anyway, thats my 2c worth. I hope it doesn't throw you all in a spin.

PS i do run iridiums all the time.
            †ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§

One To Pin (12PIN)
            2002 DC5R
            183.8kW of Normally Apirated 2150cc Toda Power at the Front Wheels
            62.75s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semi's (stock engine)
            124s @ Oran Park Superlap on Toyo R1R's (Toda Powered K21.5)
            58.14s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
            60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
            59.03S @ QR Sprints on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
            1:23.01S @ QR National on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)

Comment

Originally posted by timofytit View Post
              Honda Australia has said that the factory plugs for DC5R's are infact platinum. I have had chats to them when mine were due for replacement, they did source some Iridium ones for me though. They seem to work well. But from all the discussions about platinum vs iridium, i've been told by honda and many other sources, that the platinum plug is a long life and reliable plug over copper. The iridium plug is a high performance plug, though it is very fragile when it comes to fuel mixtures, if you are running a little bit rich, you will destroy them very quickly. Anyway, thats my 2c worth. I hope it doesn't throw you all in a spin.

PS i do run iridiums all the time.
              what u mean quick tho?
              10k 20k 30k 40+k km?? hahha anyone know if the apex'i plugs are iridiums?
              '03 Integra DC5 Type R
              Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
              Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
              Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Working...
              X