• Show
Clear All

^ just stating a fact :P

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
      ..its a volkswagon.

well.. volkswagon made from where then?

Comment

ive driven a few of them when i was considering replacing my dc2r with one

to put things into perspective:

advantages:

* theres loads more torque - feels great in a straight line - engine & exhaust note is sublime (im talkin in stock form)
        * definately a pleasure to drive - has all the creature comforts, more so then a ITR (dc2r or dc5r)
        * has the potential to be a comfy cruiser but has power on tap
        * looks like a normal golf to the untrained eye (so sorta a sleeper)
        * great drivetrain as someone already mentioned

disadvantages:

* running cost - including services, maintenance etc was way more expensive than ITR
        * used alot more petrol - obviously from a V6 3.2L engine
        * abit porky.. dint feel as nimble or stable around corners as ITR - body roll
        * i felt brakes were kinda having trouble pulling up the car (only in 1 of the 4 i tested)
        * steering was lighter in comparison to my DC2R

im my personal experience i think it is a good change from the ITR, i mean it does have its advantages and disadvantages, but what id miss most is probably the 'feeling' - my DC2R felt more like a drivers car if that makes sense, in the R32 i kinda lost that feeling

however id get one - but id still keep my R as well

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
          ^ just stating a fact :P
          If you are bagging out VW, you should do a bit of research of their history and the companies they currently own. I have have a few friends who own VW's and the quality of those cars has been nothing but excellent. If you are giving crap about VW, you might as well bag out Audi as most of their parts come from the VW factory.

But in regards to the R32, excellent car to drive, I would choose it over the DC5R. Its more practicle for everyday driving and the exhaust note is awesome. I had a chance to drive the new R32, and the DSG gearbox is prob on of the smoothest gearboxes I've ever used.

Comment

Yes buy a VW...

(sorry 4 my shitty phone pics hehehehe)

pretty much every car is a vw now-a-days :P

But honestly the R32's are cool cars... although a mate of mine has a alfa GTA (3.2L V6 FWD hatch) and it is faster then the R32 (3.2L AWD hatch)... well that was around wakefield though.. would be different if it was wet :P
            Last edited by SHIFTY; 24-11-07, 09:50 AM.
            RWD + Boost =

Comment

come on it just a car~~go for whtever u like lor......

Comment

If you are bagging out VW, you should do a bit of research of their history and the companies they currently own. I have have a few friends who own VW's and the quality of those cars has been nothing but excellent. If you are giving crap about VW, you might as well bag out Audi as most of their parts come from the VW factory.
                did i at any point put down volkswagon? take a joke.

Comment

well what was the implication then?
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

i found it odd that he was going from a dc5r to a vwr32, as many people continue to purchase jap cars into the future. if it sounded like i was putting down VW then i guess... thats my bad?

Comment

Working...
                    X