FN2R or DC5R o DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN2R or DC5R o DC5S

hey guys, iv been searching around for my next car and i cant seem to make up my mind.
    really wanting that FN2R but the tail end kinda puts me off,
    wouldnt mind a DC5S...but damn those DC5R recaros and spoiler makes it a really hard decision.

any advice on what to choose?

another stupid thread.

it just comes down to personal preference buddy.

Comment

FD2R? if it does come out?

Comment

i just wanted some personal opinions on the topic so that i can decide

Comment

why dont you tell us more about your driving style, needs/wants/"must haves" or previous cars etc?

and then we can help more i guess?
          ... retired/

Comment

budget? do you want a new or used car?
            '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
            wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

alrite...well
              type R is wat im leaning more towards

pretty hard to find a good condition DC5R atm...so FN2R might be a good choice because its new

but i might settle for a type S only because its more new than DC5R with low kms and looks better than a FN2R...

i own a DC4 atm soo now im looking for something a lot more sporty and racey...i dont track but i love the look that the type R's have

Comment

Originally posted by Sp00n View Post
                budget? do you want a new or used car?
                budget is up to 40 000...dad agreed to the FN2R

dont mind if its new or used...just looking for good condition and low kms

Comment

haha stupid thread...go to the lounge...there is one there atm.....

DC5R!!!!!!!!
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

you made up your mind already....you wanted the DC5R...the budget is not a problem...spend a month searching and you will find a good condition DC5R.

Comment

oh yehh...its gotta be a dealer car, dad wont buy from private, he wants to do a trade in

Comment

JDM ep3 civic type r > all aus hondas ! ! ! FTW ! ! ! muwahha *evil grins*

Comment

same scenario i was in. I ended up getting the FN2. Go and get a test drive (although dealers are a bit tight on this when it comes to the FN2). There's a lot of negative reviews and stuff on the interweb towards it, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you want from a car. Sure you'll get people saying that their "insert car here" is better because "enter boy racer reasoning here" but it's horses for courses. I had to get a dealer car as well to get a trade in and for quick and easy finance. I also couldnt fathom the idea of spending $40k+ on a used car.

For me, the FN2 is a lot more comfy that my previous car, goes quicker (although the sensation of speed is not as pronounced), looks and sounds better (subjective). Sure its big and fat and heavy, but I'm not an avid track person so the weight doesnt bother me. It's brings a smile to my face every time i hop in and turn the key, and see the dash light up. and to top it off, it's a bloody fun car to drive too.
                          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

thanks MrThanh...thats the kinda stuff i wanted to hear haha

hows the sound of the FN2R though? i heard you cant feel the vtec engage as much as the DC5R

Comment

the sound is awesome. i rekon it sounds a lot more angry than the dc5r lol (stock v stock of course). vtec crossover isnt very pronounced at all in both sound or feel. just seems like it gets louder and louder until you hit the rev limiter
                              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Working...
                              X