cracked engine mount question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cracked engine mount question...

i have a cracked gearbox mount... i searched up and found hebe's post on innovative mounts buttttt.....

which one do i want? or do i have to buy the hole set?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1607869

???

Last edited by Elwood; 10-09-07, 10:47 PM.

you have a dc2r with a b18c?

The gear box is on the right (drivers) side, hence that will need to be replaced, but no point just doing one mate.

Do the whole lot if you are going to get solid mounts.

Comment

bboy_r is selling these..

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2809

.. my mechanic said that i have a cracked gearbox mount.. i may aswell change all of them....are the inserts what i need? or the entire mount??
      Last edited by Elwood; 11-09-07, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Hey i'm ust wondering what type of symptoms your having with your car witht he broken gearbox mount... is it shakeing on idel at all?

Comment

symptons are..

clunking when i put down from 3rd to second... sometimes on high reving when putting clutch in theres a clunk....

and prolly others i havnt noticed cause ive only ever driven one dc2..

but its just really clunking..

Comment

^ My ek had the exact symtoms.. i'm not sure if it was the gearbox mount or the engine mount.. when in high revs and i put the clutch in, it makes shuddering noise..

Comment

^

i rang up proconcept.. spoke 2 'josh'

he said that he can do me 5 mounts for 590.. install 220..

before that i went 2 my local mechanic and asked me 2 watch the engine as he went revved and my engine was moving all over the place..

so now im getting just the rubber mounts, pretty close 2 factory... but could i use those polyurithane inserts or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                ^

i rang up proconcept.. spoke 2 'josh'

he said that he can do me 5 mounts for 590.. install 220..

before that i went 2 my local mechanic and asked me 2 watch the engine as he went revved and my engine was moving all over the place..

so now im getting just the rubber mounts, pretty close 2 factory... but could i use those polyurithane inserts or what?
                depends how bad it actually is - if it is "moving all over the place" it might be a bigger problem like a cracked mount - not just torn/split rubber...

but a proper inspection by a Honda expert will let you know you for sure if you can just use inserts to fix it up (which will work as long as no metal is damaged)...
                ... retired/

Comment

^ yeah but im aleready replacing all 5 mounts, not just the rubber.. (atleast thats what i hope.). so before they put in the mounts if they also put the inserts in its brand new anyway...

i told the bloke from pro concept that i need new engine mounts, so im assuming thats the entire mount, not just the rubber..

Comment

yes, puttign the inserts in would provide benefits that they intend to provide.

even if you put them in with brand new OEM mounts.
                    ... retired/

Comment

....i just hope im getting the actual mounts now not just the inserts..

id look pretty dumb if i rocked up and asked him to put inserts in the inserts now woudnt i :P

Comment

steve!! i saw your car at proconcept today, lifted and fitting.
                        '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                        Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                        Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                        Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

hmm darn you getting it done already..

if you were a bit more Diy Savy.. you could have done what me and Mugsee did was strengthen our OEM mounts with Poly Urathane.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2537

there are some pics of my rear engine mount there..

but since your already getting it done it most likely make a fair bit of difference when you drive i definitely noticed it with new mounts VS broken mount.

ohh and although this is just personal opinion.. i personally dont like inserts.. i think they cause discomfort in the car =P from insane vibrations.. but some people love them..

Hasport make good mounts as well as Innovative. but also a tad pricey..
                          Last edited by Wlee2; 19-09-07, 01:36 PM.
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steve!! i saw your car at proconcept today, lifted and fitting.
                            lol thx leon..

:P

yeh i went with the pretty standard hard rubber mounts without the inserts.. i was told that i might get some vibrations from driving but i guess thats better than my engine banging onto my radiator :P

all up i paid 590 for all 5 engine mouns and 220 for install, so the problems hopefully solved and i dont get any more clunking .

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                              lol thx leon..

:P

yeh i went with the pretty standard hard rubber mounts without the inserts.. i was told that i might get some vibrations from driving but i guess thats better than my engine banging onto my radiator :P

all up i paid 590 for all 5 engine mouns and 220 for install, so the problems hopefully solved and i dont get any more clunking .

umm im going to ask.. but for 590.. for engine mounts what you get because i think even Innovative which are pretty darn good mounts cost around that price...

Hasport Engine Mounts DcSTK through Yonas is $595
                              Dc2 Innovative mounts are $495

hence why im asking about what you got for your $590+220 labor
                              Last edited by Wlee2; 20-09-07, 03:11 PM.
                              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                              Originally posted by tinkerbell
                              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
                              X