Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yokohama Advan AD07 tyres (Possible Groupbuy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
    TAFKA TMB: Which state are you located at? What car you drive is pretty much irrelavent in this thread (dosen't even need to be a honda!). We just want to know who is interested in getting these tyres.\
    I drive a DC2R on stock wheels – that’s why I was after 195/55 15’s. Looks like they have these on Lotus Elise’s (size?) too http://www.rickdamelian.com.au/Lotus...ve_page_id=479 and the Exige’s have A408’s. The A408 seems a bit more aggressive and I reckon it could get ugly in the wet.

And I live in Melbourne, I’ve got a friend who has a tyre fitting/balancing machine in his workshop so all I need is the hardware.
    Last edited by TAFKA TMB; 10-09-07, 05:16 PM.
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
      Just a quick reply:

Edw-R said the AD07's had DOT stamped on them; I don't think he showed any pictures.

Also, just confirming that the AD07's that I can get hold of HAVE DOT stamped on them!

I'll get back to you guys on how this will work later on tonight.
      hey mugsee how much for a set of a048 or ad07's in 195/55/15?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
        Thanks Tinkerbell for the legality advice once again.

Tim: I'm not make elitist

I'm still trying to find out whether these have DOT marked on them but as soon as I find out, I'll let you guys know and we'll move on from there.
        I was the one who found out about the DOT thing originally....

I got the information from a tyre person from the Bridgestone HQ here in Adelaide.....

DOT means 'Dept of Transport' approved in the US. Hence all US tyres (ie those from tirerack.com etc) are all approved legal in Australia.
        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
        http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

you should let me know earlier michael......just got my RE001......
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

DOT is indeed an US standard, where as the E is the from Europe. Australian isn't signficant enought to have their own markings on tyres.

Cool! Three in Melb for now and maybe even a group fitment too! YAY!

Comment

I'll try and get back to those of you who've pm'ed me with prices as soon as I find out - hopefully tonight. Also, I'm not too sure on the AD048s but I'll check and let you guys know.

Originally posted by FunkyR View Post
              I was the one who found out about the DOT thing originally....

I got the information from a tyre person from the Bridgestone HQ here in Adelaide.....

DOT means 'Dept of Transport' approved in the US. Hence all US tyres (ie those from tirerack.com etc) are all approved legal in Australia.
              Thanks G - I did find your name plastered all over the AD07 threads when I did some searching; Much appreciated Any Evo's interested in these AD07's?

Originally posted by TAFKA TMB View Post
              I’ve got a friend who has a tyre fitting/balancing machine in his workshop so all I need is the hardware.
              Did you just volunteer for a group discount for fitting?

Originally posted by air23box View Post
              you should let me know earlier michael......just got my RE001......
              You know you want them... they'll be around the same price as the RE001's as well...
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

my euro's currently runnin' on 225/45 R17 91W ADVAN AD07, which isn't stock tyres. n i m quite sure they are legal tyres =) since i got them through a bobjane but had to order it in.

the AD07 massive improvement on grips.
                just done 30,000km service on the weekend. after drivin' 9,000km with these tyres, i hav wore 5% front and 10% rear. and will be using them for trackday next month.
                Last edited by Tiu; 11-09-07, 06:53 PM.
                '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

count me in for some 195/55/15 AD07's or A048's

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
                    count me in for some 195/55/15 AD07's or A048's
                    What car you getting?
                    For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee
                      Thanks G - I did find your name plastered all over the AD07 threads when I did some searching; Much appreciated Any Evo's interested in these AD07's?
                      I'd be up for a set of 4x 235/45/17 (93W or better). I dont think the US has this size though (already checked).... unless you're getting them from somewhere else?
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                      http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                        What car you getting?
                        7th gen celica

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
                          7th gen celica
                          with 195/55/15 tyres?
                          For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                            with 195/55/15 tyres?
                            yes... OEM rim size from the SX model is 15".... and the OEM rim size for ZR model is 16"

Comment

I'd be up for a set of 4x 235/45/17 (93W or better). I dont think the US has this size though (already checked).... unless you're getting them from somewhere else?
                              If we can get your size, we'll get TAKA to take it down you to so you can save on freight costs

Comment

We can get 235/45/17 as these tyres will be coming in from Japan, but I'm not too sure about the exact speed/load rating. I'll enquire about that and let you know.

I've submitted a request for prices with everyones requests, so I'll update this once I find out more.
                                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X