Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yokohama Advan AD07 tyres (Possible Groupbuy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yokohama Advan AD07 tyres (Possible Groupbuy)

I've been doing a bit of research lately into the AD07s, because I've been looking at importing a couple of sets over for myself and friends.

On almost every thread I've read, every user has given them high praise and they've been quoted as being better than BS S03's, RE050s and even RE070's (although I take that one with a grain of salt). They seem to sit at the top of the street-series tyres and just below semis and everything I've read about them has been quite positive. The only downfall that I can see with them is that they don't perform as well as the BS S03 in the wet and that their wear rating is rated at 180. (RE001s + S03's = 220, RE030+RE040+RE050 = 140...!) However I'm not too fussed by that because I managed to get 35,000kms out of my stock RE030s and figure that these AD07s should be just as good, if not better.

Does anyone here know the exactly legality of tyres for NSW/QLD/SA/WA?

I've been told that so long as it has a DOT APPROVED stamp on the sidewall, the tyre is legal to be used in NSW - is this correct? (Apparently these tyres coming from Japan have DOT stamped on them)

Down here in Victoria, our governing body is VicRoads and they've said that so long as the tyre meets the required load ratings and don't have any defects and aren't below legal tread height, there isn't an issue with it. I know for a fact that RACV checks with VicRoads first on a tyre's legality before issuing an insurance payout, so I'm pretty sure that they are legal in Victoria.

Lastly, would anyone be interested in a groupbuy of these tyres? Mo has given me the thumbs up and I'm just trying to guage interest. I don't have specific numbers on hand but a 215/45/17 will be ~$260per tyre delivered to Melbourne. It will be cheaper if we can pull together decent numbers.
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

I’d be very interested in something similar for a DC2 tyre 195/55 15”
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

legality depends on LOAD RATING too...
      ... retired/

Comment

I would be interested Michael but would want them asap. My RE070s are quite dead from last practice day.

How many people do we need for the GB in order to get that price? I would b looking for 225/45/17

Also keep in mind that just because RACV use sthe same requirements as Vic Roads for tyre legality dosen't mean other insuraces are the same.

Comment

AD07 is readily avaliable in NSW nowadays. As far as i'm aware, AD07 is illegal for all states, except for vehicles that already come with it when stock. My stock AD07 doesn't have DOT printed on it.
          For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

I think the tyre load rating should be fine as these have been DOT approved, or so I've been told. I'll double check to make sure that they are before doing anything with them.

Vin: Vicroads is our governing body so I don't know why an insurance company would want to go against their decision however I'll try and confirm just JustCars if I get a chance.

Tim: I think around the $160-170. I'll get exact figures one I confirm the legality.

Lovesil: why are they illegal in NSW? Is it because you need a DOT stamp or do they need to be ADR'ed?
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

u can count me in if theres a group buy. got a set of these atm and they are good as gold.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                I think the tyre load rating should be fine as these have been DOT approved, or so I've been told.
                DOT approval has got f.all to do with load rating.

it has to do with the actual car - cars are all different andf all require differnt ratings of tyre...

DC2 needs 84V IIRC?
                ... retired/

Comment

This site seems to indicate that they aren't American DOT approved (and they come in DC2R size!!)

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yah...ead1551ti.html
                  Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

And according to the Tyrerack website the load rating and speed rating are good.

Does IIRC mean the air pressure (or something related to it)? I couldn't find that anywhere - anyone got a link for the AD07 on that?

Mugsee - I know that this started out as a DC5R group buy but I am dead keen on these in DC2R size.
                    Honda DC2R Integra

Comment

IIRC = "if i recall correctly"

sorry for my 'internet speak' looking like a acronym

my bad!
                      ... retired/

Comment

Thanks Tinkerbell for the legality advice once again.

Tim: I'm not make elitist

I'm still trying to find out whether these have DOT marked on them but as soon as I find out, I'll let you guys know and we'll move on from there.

Comment

TAFKA TMB: Which state are you located at? What car you drive is pretty much irrelavent in this thread (dosen't even need to be a honda!). We just want to know who is interested in getting these tyres.

Michael: I can't seem to find those pictures on ozhonda where Ed-R posted pics he took of the AD07 with the DOT stamped on them :\

Comment

i got mine through edw-r and don't think mine came with DOT stamped, will double check later and get back to you guys

Comment

Just a quick reply:

Edw-R said the AD07's had DOT stamped on them; I don't think he showed any pictures.

Also, just confirming that the AD07's that I can get hold of HAVE DOT stamped on them!

I'll get back to you guys on how this will work later on tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X