No announcement yet.

CTR wheels comparo test 0-100 time revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its really up to the drivers. My RColt has a factory claim of 8.1 secs, but Motor Magazine done it in 7.4 secs by Warren Luff. My point is, the factory might have employed the top drag driver to perform the 0 - 100kmph. Obviously, the result will be something we normally can't match...or else they wouldn't be called a drag pros.....

Either way, a Type R is never meant to be good at straights anyway. So, i don't see why the reviews need to bother so much about its straight lines.
    Last edited by lovesil; 30-07-07, 09:25 AM.
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

A 1.2 second difference is quite a lot in the context of things. I don't think it comes straight down to different drivers in this particular case.

Its not so much that the Type R isn't a good car - I think everybody acknowledges its excellent handling prowress. Its just dissapointing to know that Honda back their marketing hype/decision by claiming it can do things that it can't - that'd plain be cheating. It'd be like having Honda cheat in an F1 race... oh wait...
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
        like serasly, shifty, you need to get a dictionary... pritty please! hehe
        I suggest you also purchase a dictionary.

Maybe the testing that Honda conducted was with no interior trim, 1/4 tank of fuel and a 50kg driver

Comment

dont know. It might just be that the dc2r has the right amount of rawness/comfort for some people.

and the new euro civic r is catered to others.

I mean after driving my ae86 i think dc2r are quite soft really. I can imagine older people getting into dc2r and saying OHhhhh what power steering? the cars back in my age is so much more rawer no abs/no powersteering.

So when we talk about this rawness it is all just a measure of what you can stand and what you cant stand interms of a car.

I saw a civic R over the weekend and i have to say i am impressed. Interms of honda australia lying i wonder how many other cars with performance figures arent excatly as published?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            manufacturer claimed 0-100km/h:

Golf GTI = 7.2
            Mini Cooper S = 7.1
            Civic Type R = 6.6

actual tested realworld/same day/same place/same people 0-100km/h:

Golf GTI = 7.3
            Mini Cooper S = 7.4
            Civic Type R = 7.8
            Originally posted by Jingers View Post
            Interms of honda australia lying i wonder how many other cars with performance figures arent excatly as published?
            Jing - i will finish of the perspective (by extrapolating the last peice of the puzzle)...

difference between claimed and tested figures:

Golf GTI = -0.1
            Mini Cooper S = -0.3
            Civic Type R = -1.2

peeps can argue all day long about HOW or WHERE or by WHO the cars were tested.

but all three were tested same place/time etc... so why the big difference?

shame Honda, shame...
            ... retired/

Comment

I saw a civic R over the weekend and i have to say i am impressed.
              yep, they do look the goods - in Black FTW!
              ... retired/

Comment

cant believe the GTI is that quick!

also! I had a chat with some guy who recently picked up the new civic TypeR from the dealership (egg shape)

From what he had to say, and from previously owning a DC5R, he claims the civic felt more torquer, ride was alot more firm and handled remarkably better (he tested in RNP supposedly)

I must say the interior is quite nice. Only real complaint is the exhausts + rear bar.. =)
                Last edited by j0nbubz; 30-07-07, 11:14 AM.
                g
                [ BBU66Z ]
                g
                Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

i see the point tinker.

are our fuels the same as uk? If so then owned ......

Comment

i see the point tinker.

are our fuels the same as uk? If so then owned ......
                    not sure if anyone notice, but the times obtained from UK always seems to be lower than what we can obtain in aus. They have the same grade of fuel we have, but everytime i see like Top Gear/Fifth Gear...the timings they got is always much better than what i known in aus.....
                    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

If not the fuel, maybe it's because the average air temperature in the UK is lower?

=P~
                      "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers
                        When we talk about how raw a car is, it's all a measurement of what an individual can and can't withstand/tolerate/put up/live with/accommodate.
                        One of the most honest statements post edit. Enough said.
                        Last edited by Noel; 30-07-07, 04:18 PM.

Comment

vBulletin clearly having period problems.
                          Last edited by Noel; 30-07-07, 04:19 PM.

Comment

maybe the ecus haven't been retuned for australian weather. it certainly is alot colder over in pomland. and cars perform better with colder air, so that would make sense.

someone should take the new ctr to the antartic and test it
                            almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

The UK uses Miles instead of Kilometres.

God knows what timing they use. Do they even use Seconds and minutes etc? :P

Originally posted by ChargeR
                              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

could it be that they go from 0-60miles? 60miles is not excatly 100km/

but then 1.2 seconds. Thats wAYYYYYYYYYY off

Comment

Working...
                                X