[Article] Warming up car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Article] Warming up car

Found it interesting, thought I'd share.

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald; Good Weekend; July 14th, 2007

makes sense

Comment

i've always noticed that the engine took longer to warm up on idle, my mates insist on it and would argue that im crazy...

Comment

Anyone actually wait for their temperate needle to move to somewhere near the middle?
        That sounds insane.

Comment

I normally wait until the needle hits C then I'll start driving the car.

Comment

Crap......whenever i wait at carparks and have the aircondition on, the
            car is running.....sometimes for 20 minutes during the summer....doh
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

i normally wait till the needle drops under 1K.

Comment

I never was a strong believer of cold idling..

I just idle for maybe 30 seconds then gently drive for 5-10 minutes

*not saying I dont always gently drive anyway!
                g
                [ BBU66Z ]
                g
                Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

I have never believed in idling to warm up. Get in car, start car, take glasses out, and drive gently until water temp hits 60deg.
                  I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
                    i normally wait till the needle drops under 1K.
                    Yeah I do the same if I'm out and in the car but if I'm at home or my GF's I just start it 5 mins before I want to leave... crap... I guess i'll stop doing that now

Comment

i have an oil pressure gauge, so once that hits up past 70psi and stabilises...

i am off... usually 20-30 seconds...

usually takes less time for the oil pressure to stabilise than it takes me to get my seat belt on and comfortable...

then once my oil temp gauge begins to move (at about 70'C) i use more revs...
                      ... retired/

Comment

I wait a cpuple of minutes until the cold start idle drops slightly and then drive with low RPM till it reaches normal temp. My v-tec doesn't work unless the car is 100% warm, does anyone else have this?

Comment

I start my car up and then I put my shoes on and then drive off...so under 1 minute

Comment

Yep I start my car and take it out of my garage, close the garage door then I'm off. What do you guys think is the 'highest' rpm in a DC2R/DC5R we should rev to before shifting gears, during the warm up drive? I normally try to shift at 3000rpm.

Comment

When I drive in the morning.. i try to shift before 2500... tad hard in 1st gear.. but i try! =)
                              g
                              [ BBU66Z ]
                              g
                              Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Working...
                              X