having second thoughts about getting this DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having second thoughts about getting this DC2R

hey guys i'm a new comer in this site and just wanna know more about DC2R like whats best for the car and whats best thing to change for the car, also what do u guys reckon about this one i wanting to pruchase! (thats my budget)http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...atchallpartial

thanks guys

hmmm, it would make a good circuit car, as it looks scrappy IMO...

but it is pre 98 spec,

so no airbags

you'd also wanna get the engine checked out too, by a knowledgeable honda mechanic...

those pictures were taken in november last year too - ask for more recent ones...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 06-04-07, 08:55 AM.
    ... retired/

Comment

I'd say up your budgent to 25 - 26K and get one thats mint, that one looks like its going to beed a lot of money dumped into it soon.
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

what about this one guys??
        http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...atchallpartial

if i do buy this one how do i bring it back to melborne without driving it???
        is there any company that delivers cars interstate??
        thanks

Comment

looks clean, but im a bit wary of the cheap suspension its got in it.

And I can't see a motor shot to see how clean the motor is, when ur buying interstate its best to know everything about Type R's before you go and see it.

So first off.
          1. Make sure it has an original motor in it.
          2. Make sure the head is a Type R head (there should be green paint by the distributor.
          3. Check to see the car has all strut bars in tact, (front, rear lower, boot).
          4. Make sure it's 5 lug, make sure the suspension is straight and frame is straight.
          5. Get the engine compression tested and make sure its nothing uder 200 psi on all 4 cylinders, there should be no more than 10 - 15 psi in variation between cylinders.
          6. If it has aftermarket engine management, check the wiring to make sure u can easily remove it.

Thats all I can think of.

Tobring it back interstate, you can drive it by getting a permit. or use TNT
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Hey mate,

That car was up for sale not long ago. Not quiet sure but some people have confirmed its the same car. Similiar mods similiar km's. The car was originally sold for 18.5k and wasn't recommended to be a car in good condition (driving wise) but non the less looks immaculate.

Comment

My DC2R is for sale =)
              im in the process of demodding it ..
              hit me up if you are interested!
              i think some of the guys can vouch for my car
              Farewell TYP88R

Comment

hey do u have any photos of your car and also info about it
                thanks

Comment

decided to buy this car and some questions wanting to ask!!

Hey guys i have decided to buy this DC2 but the suspension on this car is really rough! i can feel every bump when i drove it!!
                  What is good suspension for a dc2?? don't want it sooo rough

this is the DC2 i am going to purchase
                  http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...atchallpartial

thanks

Comment

the car has coilover suspension. find out what spec they are.... as most decent coilovers are height AND dampner adjustable..... this means you can adjust the height of the spring and stiffness of the shock.

looks like a well sorted package there... front bar is a bit ugly... even if it is mugen.
                    Last edited by 45SET; 09-04-07, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Some nice parts on that car

I'm only going to guess as I obviously don't this car specifically, but it could be possible that the HKS coil-overs he's running are Hipermax II, which can be adjusted to be very compliant (read: not so rough)...there are a few forum members who have or are running them and can attest to this...

Have you driven a stock DC2R before? The stock suspension is fairly firm in it's own right...
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

a DC2R is a firm ride either way....
                        that DC2R doesn't look quite right...JDM DC2 doesn't have red rocker covers?

Comment

Just curious why it says it has cusco suspension and hks coilovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            Just curious why it says it has cusco suspension and hks coilovers?
                            i think he means his strut bar

Comment

dont ask an internet forum whether to buy a car,

ask RACV or someone like www.sydneyvehiclecheck.com.au
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X