Civic r finally gets launched.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twmwong View Post
    Honda Aust's UK CTR claims a 0-100 with almost the same amount of power of the Old AUSDM Integra Type-R...but with heavier weight and still claiming 6.6 secs.....I wonder what the JDM CTR would be doing...Maybe close to 5 secs??? Since it's now got more power and much more torque than the old JDM Integra...which is known to do 6.1..6.2 on 0-100 mark
    There is a review of the AUDM CTR in Wheels Magazine (April). I had a quick flick through it. It claims 0-100 in 7.4sec in that article. Isn't that the same as the dc5r/s???
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

^ yeah about the same as the DC5S

Motor got 7.2s from the DC5S

So does anyone know where to go (websites etc?) to find graphic design/advertising jobs in Japan?

Comment

7.4 secs??? That's the same as my RColt?? This can't be right. But if it is, its good to know i can beat a Type R
        For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

JDM CTR being delivered for sale

Comment

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
            There is a review of the AUDM CTR in Wheels Magazine (April). I had a quick flick through it. It claims 0-100 in 7.4sec in that article. Isn't that the same as the dc5r/s???
            But stupid Honda Aus CTR website claims 6.6...so I dunno That tells u...prob Honda Aus is full of craps

http://www.civictyper.com.au/?WT.ac=HP_CTR07

Comment

maybe its a case of grass is greener on the otherside but i think the jdm delivery trucks are even better then our ones

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                maybe its a case of grass is greener on the otherside but i think the jdm delivery trucks are even better then our ones
                Yeap...the wheels are definitely greener...even the number plate is green

Go.... Power of Greens

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this thing looks very nice mechanically.. but i dont like sedans though

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=670405

The power/torque curve looks very good. nice and fat from around 6000 to redline!
                    look at the changes to the headers compared to DC5.
                    And look at how close the gearing is. With 112.5hp/litre and 107.5Nm/litre this thing shows me that honda are not asleep at the wheel.. compared to the new M3 V8.. 105hp/litre and 100Nm/litre.. only the GT3 porsche beats the new R with 114hp/litre and 112.5Nm/litre (excluding the outgoing S2000 ofcourse)

I am mildly impressed...

Now for some similar numbers from a new RWD coupe please
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 00dc2; 31-03-07, 05:00 PM.

Comment

The more I find out about this car, the more I want it...and the more dissappointed I am that we're getting the UK version.

JDM CTR

- helical LSD
                      - 50% rigidity improvement over JDM DC5R
                      - 1270 kg (with a/c) for a 4 door sedan
                      - baffled sump
                      - lightened in bits not required, strengthened where it is, yet maintains a light weight
                      - 165+ Kw
                      - double wishbone rear suspension
                      - brembos
                      - Built in Japan

UK CTR

- no LSD, VSA instead
                      - 1300 kg plus from a 3 door hatch
                      - "softer" suspension setup
                      - questionable body strengthening (though I haven't read too much about how they've gone about preparing the chassis)
                      - 148Kw
                      - torsion beam rear suspension
                      - no brembos
                      - Built in the UK

Correct me where I'm wrong...

It will be interesting to read/watch first reviews, but this has probably been the most exciting car that's been released in recent years. I can't think of any other manufacturer that's released such an affordable, well executed enthusiast's car for many years.

Well done Honda Japan.

Honda Australia - please bring this car here. I'll leave a deposit now if it makes a difference

Comment

If the JDM 4 door came here as is, I would buy it and I mean that. I won't touch the 3 door.
                        http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by slipangle View Post

JDM CTR

- helical LSD

UK CTR

- no LSD, VSA instead
                          um, does this imply that VSA is substitute for LSD, or does the JDM CTR have LSD + VSA?

sorry for off topic...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee
                            A friend who works at Honda mentioned that Honda Australia are only bringing the CTR in limited quantities of 500 for the whole of Australia.
                            SEVS ruling ... That's what most automotive manufacturers are using as the "loophole" to bring in what they see as justified products to be sold in AU.

Originally posted by slipangle
                            165+ Kw
                            Also, that dream 160+/- kW K20 will never be made available by Honda AU, if it was suppose to arrive, it'd have been here with the DC5R. The same engine specifications will never reach our shores thanks to the whole load of BS fuel noise and bureaucratic redtape.

Comment

New JDM Civic Type R will be available at importing companies next month in May in Hong Kong

Cool...I'm gonna go dip myself in it

Comment

Working...
                              X